Uncharted Movie will be a "family" movie.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Apparently the director of the Uncharted adaptation wants to focus on Drake's his "extended family"...
Just read the following article
http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1137651p1.html

I think I speak for most people when I say
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!

That's not an angry "What" as much as a loud confused one. Where do you get a vibe of family from Uncharted... it's freakin' Uncharted, not the Incredibles.

I'm... confused, to put it lightly, about the direction the movie's heading.

NOTE: FAMILY DOESN'T MEAN "FAMILY FRIENDLY". FAMILY, IN THIS CASE, IS REFERRING TO HAVING THE THEME OF THE MOVIE BE "FAMILY"

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
They might have some problems when they tell the 2000 black actors that they are all going to die.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Well... it did take from Indiana Jones and that can be considered a family movie... kinda... sorta... not really >>

Still, just because it's classified as a family film doesn't mean it's going to be bad.

It's going to be bad because Mark Wahlberg is in it.

theComposer

Mar 29, 2009
Man, first no Nathan Fillion as Drake, and now this? At this rate I won't even care about the movie by the time it comes out.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
The Indiana Jones series were also family films (more or less) and that was pretty good. I think by Family Film they just mean that it wont be so violent that parents can't take their kids. It'll probably turn out like the newest Indiana Jones movie (only more plausible and less disappointing).

EDIT: Saw your note, read the actual source, became disappoint.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I love Uncharted unashamedly. The games are awesome. They just somehow check all the boxes for me.

I was cautiously intrigued by a movie.

Then I saw the name 'Mark Wahlberg'

And I lost all interest.

(It's not that I specifically hate Mark Wahlberg. It's just the fact that because he's in the film, it will be a film about Mark Wahlberg, not Nathan Drake. It's like when Tom Hanks is in a film these days.)

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Did they even play Uncharted before they wanted to make a movie out of it?

Given that genocide, hot sidekicks and liberal amounts of zombies are not usually family friendly... I'd say no.

Dickheads.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
AjimboB said:
According to the OP, when they mean "family movie" they meant that they would be focusing on Drake's extended family, not that the movie would be one that would appeal to family audiences (although I would guess they're trying for that as well). The only Indiana Jones movie that ever did that was the one which shall not be named, and we don't need another one of those.
Huh? *reads link more carefully*

OOOOHhhhh, okay, I get it now, sorry :3

Well... my post still applies here :p

Thank you for clearing that up though ^-^

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
It's going to fail now. I am so sick and tired of people having to change what they make or do just because of the fucking "family", I just don't see why we all have to suffer because of this group....

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
wootsman said:
oh i thought you ment it was gonna be tageted at familys(family friendly) both are pretty jaw dropping though
Part of it was misdirection on my part, you gotta admit, though that's a title that catches (and pisses off) the eye.
In either case, it's still weird.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Hey look a guy from hollywood is an idiot! This is a total surprise to all parties involved!

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
This doesn't even begin to make sense, for serious. Uncharted should be an over the top action movie, like Commando or something.