Uncivil War: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Knife Fight!

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
do one of these with nidhogg, a race to be eaten by the dick monster!

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Got to say I still don't like the intro music, but the content is still pretty funny.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
JoelMattGarcia said:
Jim was clearly a pro at COD4 back in the day.
Jim reviewed pretty much every CoD game I can think of when he was Dtoid's reviews editor. This one was sealed against Yahtzee the moment they decided on a CoD game.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
They should do a racing game. Pod Racers or something. If Mario Kart 8 has multiplayer, do that. It'll be topical!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
If only this was Black Ops II, then on top of the lag compensation, the knife wouldn't hit anyway. Or World at War and have bayonet fights. Oh well, neither of those games have a few seconds of CoD 4's soundtrack seeping in through the music like metaphorical honey to the ear.

Glad to see Jim hide his opinion on the CoD games to appease us.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
GZGoten said:
That's a really good idea. It's a game that's actually meant for 1v1.

OT: It's funny, I still call BS on two of those. Fucking lag. I guess it's just a CoD thing, but it grinds my gears when one of them got a hit that didn't register.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Ow. x0

Salt in the wound at the end there. Better luck next couple of times, Yahtzee.

Good show from you both again! :D
GZGoten said:
<_<............What?

Well, it does sound like something Jim and Yahtzee would like.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I wow.. I never really realized how bad these games look. What is up with instant kill knifes? Do bullets kill just as fast? Else it seems amazingly annoying.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I've posted in a few of these threads so far, but I'm going to say it again anyway. I am really enjoying this series thus far.

It's nice to see friendly competition in this way. I can only assume from seeing the camaraderie between these two that they have actually become friends over the years of working for The Escapist. Either that or they are better at faking friendly than anyone I've ever met, but I'll go ahead and assume the best unless they give me reason not to. :)

Keep up the great work guys!

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
Once again the moral victory goes to yahtzee. just pause the video every time Jim makes a kill. yahtzeecam will show jim still being like 3 meters away, while jimvision will show him already knifing yahtzee right up in his face. yahtzee had way more lag than Jim. Easy to win that way.

Damn you Jim, why you always gotta cheat like that?

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Roofstone said:
I wow.. I never really realized how bad these games look. What is up with instant kill knifes? Do bullets kill just as fast? Else it seems amazingly annoying.
Short answer, no. Long answer, knifes are CoD magic. They're an automatic 1-hit kill, including the throwing knives introduced in later versions. Apparently bullets are for the weak in CoDland.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
shirkbot said:
Roofstone said:
Short answer, no. Long answer, knifes are CoD magic. They're an automatic 1-hit kill, including the throwing knives introduced in later versions. Apparently bullets are for the weak in CoDland.
I am very glad I avoided these games in that case, this little gameplay feature would annoy me to no end.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Dr. Crawver said:
Got to say I still don't like the intro music
Yeah, it's pretty shite.
Jesus...I was not expecting a reply from you of all people.

I've always been a fan of your music, personal favourite being crucible. Just with this one it felt rushed. Not least because you rhymed war with war.