Uncivil War: Left 4 Dead - "Get To The Choppa" Challenge!

Jim And Yahtzee

Apr 16, 2013
Left 4 Dead - "Get To The Choppa" Challenge!

Can Jim and Yahtzee work together while also trying to be the first to reach safety? Not if all these zombies have anything to say about it!

Watch Video

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
What a delight to see Jim and Yahtzee take on my favourite Left 4 Dead finale.

Though it's too late, I feel the need to note that the AI only run into hordes if you run near the hordes, so it's almost like a reflected stupid.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
That first attempt was hilariously pathetic. I'm pretty sure they couldn't have staged that if they tried... Also L4D is vastly improved by that background music.

Jan 12, 2012
Jandau said:
Also L4D is vastly improved by that background music.
Really? I didn't particularly like the music replacing everything. I prefer reduced game sounds rather than a separate audio track, because the latter always seems to drown out the commentary a bit (not to mention the looping).

Anyways, a good match. I thought Yahtzee was carrying the shotgun so he could efficiently dispatch Jim when the helicopter arrived, but he was done in by his own mistake before I could find out if I was right.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I love the background music, it fits the action perfectly. I keep clicking my fingers in time with it, if that makes sense.

I find it funny that so far all the action carnage matches have gone to Jim, while Yahtzee's sole win has been for a Youtube-fodder Steam game about half-naked muscle-men with spinning wangs climbing on each other. It's the opposite of what you'd expect from the two of them.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
Ah L4D, a fantastic game for co-op shenanigans.

I swore Yahtzee was going to get it as he was heading towards it first, but I guess him going ahead was his downfall with the hunter waiting.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
So coop-ing is an option? The siren's call of Saints Row is growing louder!

Edit: Or you could play a one-on-one match of "catch the rabbit" on... carmaggedon!

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
A L4D match was the last place that I expected someone to mention Robert Kilroy Silk but it made me laugh.

Next weeks game should be CastleStorm, either a Verses match or a co-op hero survivel match.

Clunks

Apr 21, 2010
All those poor viewers right now, googling Robert Kilroy Silk, do yourselves a favour and type "the day Kilroy lost his mind" into youtube. It won't make you feel better, exactly, but I think you'll find it strangely cathartic.

Perhaps now, with Yahtzee down 3-1, isn't the best time to bring this up, but...I'd like to see a Final Fantasy orientated challenge happen. If anyone has any ideas how that might work?

Sabine Blochberger

Mar 25, 2014
Yahtzee needs to fix his recording setup to prevent the game sound from becoming so horribly loud when he is silent. It also happens in "let's drown out"...

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
As a veteran left 4 dead 2 (counter-)troll, merely mulling over the potential shenanigans I could've pulled in this scenario is making my pants tighter. You guys absolutely sure you never want to do the same event twice? I'd gladly give some pointers for round two, I have such wonders to show you... :)

/creepmode

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This is an odd choice. I'd think the best stage for a competition would be Left 4 Dead 2's The Bridge (last map in The Parish), since you can just make a race of it. Whoever makes it farther wins.

P.S. Thanks

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Man, I was expecting them to be a lot better at this. Ah well, Jim sneaks his way to a win once again.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Clunks said:
Perhaps now, with Yahtzee down 3-1, isn't the best time to bring this up, but...I'd like to see a Final Fantasy orientated challenge happen. If anyone has any ideas how that might work?
Um... not familiar enough with Jim to predict his opinion, but I get the feeling Yahtzee would forfeit that one out of spite no matter how bad that makes his score. Maybe a two out of three versus in Dissidia or the sequel, but neither are familiar enough with it to fight well and the health system takes some getting used to. Although it might be a good stress reliever if certain characters were chosen...

Kill score competition in Star Wars Battlefront, perhaps?

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I was kinda expecting the helicopter to land before the whole everyman for themselves. So I was disappointed by the result.
Did I assume wrong about the rules?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Dat AI tho. Shit it's been a while since I played L4D but two bots won't get the bloody hunter off a human player?! Wtf man.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Why they hell didn't they do the scavenger mode? One player is a special zombie, one player is a survivor. First team to 2 wins, wins!
Come on guys! Just playing the game isn't entertaining!