Uncivil War: Left 4 Dead - "Get To The Choppa" Challenge!

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
I just busted out laughing in the end when Yahtzee got pinned by the hunter just as the chopper arrived.

The insults at the end are getting better too. I think there is space for some team-based games too, that would be a good idea.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So, a funny idea actually came to mind.

Twisted Metal Black, invincibility code engaged, both men trying to ring each other out for instant death by any means necessary.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
As an American I had to look up who Mr. Kilroy-Silk was. From what I can gather it's kind of like if a Maury Povich/john Stossel hybrid became a senator.

That is pretty damn awful.

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
Here is a suggestion: Rogue Legacy: Scenic Route

Each player start a game of Rogue Legacy from scratch (you might want to skip the intro sequence). The winner is the first player to visit all 4 different areas of the game (The Castle, The Forest, The Tower and The Darkness). It doesn't have to be with the same hero, and there is no limit on how many times you can die and start over.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
eBusiness said:

Each player start a game of Rogue Legacy from scratch (you might want to skip the intro sequence). The winner is the first player to visit all 4 different areas of the game (The Castle, The Forest, The Tower and The Darkness). It doesn't have to be with the same hero, and there is no limit on how many times you can die and start over.
I'm pretty sure that'd be a whole season worth of material, not a single episode :p

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Yet again this series is not working for me...
Sucks, cause I love both your work.

Please bring back the poems!!!

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
Yet again this series is not working for me...
Sucks, cause I love both your work.

Please bring back the poems!!!
I think the problem was that poetry didn't get enough views to warrant a show. Maybe they could see who can consistantly talk in rhyme the longest while playing something you really have to pay attention for?

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
tzimize said:
eBusiness said:

I'm pretty sure that'd be a whole season worth of material, not a single episode :p
I tried it out, it took me 5 minutes before I got to the forest, and the other areas aren't harder to reach, they are just harder to play in, but that is not part of the challenge. In normal play simply reaching those areas is not useful, so you wouldn't try to get there as fast as possible, but it is not actually that hard, and it may with some layouts be almost trivial to do so. I propose this exact challenge because I believe that at least one of them should be able to do it in around 15 minutes.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
eBusiness said:
tzimize said:
eBusiness said:

I tried it out, it took me 5 minutes before I got to the forest, and the other areas aren't harder to reach, they are just harder to play in, but that is not part of the challenge. In normal play simply reaching those areas is not useful, so you wouldn't try to get there as fast as possible, but it is not actually that hard, and it may with some layouts be almost trivial to do so. I propose this exact challenge because I believe that at least one of them should be able to do it in around 15 minutes.
True enough. Rather depends on Jim and Bens playing ability though, and from what I've seen, neither of them are fantastic gamers :p

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Co-op is an option now? Sweet. Try doing something in Halo 4, like who can rifle-butt the most aliens. Or one of the Assassin's Creed Multiplayer modes, and make a challenge of the most haystack kills.

Very funny banter guys. I could smell the festering hatred underneath your veneer of buddy-buddy talk. And I liked the cracks at the A.I.
If there's one more thing I could ask from this series, it's a full video of the "Uncivil War" song by Gavin.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
For the record Jim died first on the first go, if only by about 2-3 seconds.

Also the banter kinda fizzled at the end there.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Darth_Payn said:
If there's one more thing I could ask from this series, it's a full video of the "Uncivil War" song by Gavin.
Here you go:

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Oh Yatzee is way better at this than Jim, and your even playing it on normal "the easy mode". But then he started using minigun and it all went downhill from there for him. the minigun is badly positioned for defence on that map, dont use it. on expert each common infected gives you 10 hp damage, youd be dead so fast :p. also in competitions like these always pick shotgun. its just an easy way clearer. not that other weapons are worse, but they take much more skill in tight situations.

What dissapointed me is that you took damage before getting otu of the building. you shouldnt take damage there at all.

Also: turn off your flashlight. it attract zombies.

Fully loaded automatic shotgun will kill a tank alone if your close enough on medium. so yatzee could have soloed a tank.

I doubt your going to be continuing to play this in the future, but if you ever want a third non-bot player i would love to play with you, and not many people play this game anymore so finding random players may not always be easy.

tzimize said:
True enough. Rather depends on Jim and Bens playing ability though, and from what I've seen, neither of them are fantastic gamers :p
thats true for most reviewers and i think i know why. when you got to play through many different games quickly, sometimes even rushing to get to the deadline you dont have the time to get good at the game. you cant just dedicate a month to a single game, ect. so they never get good at it in order to get a lot of it. But thats fine, dont have to be a pro player to review games. still when i saw this video i cringed at some rookie mistakes, and from the sound of it Jim has played it before too.

water_cat1

Mar 30, 2010
So this was basicly the room for one mutation in l4d2? Would have been way more fun with l4d2 The Parish finale, which is also getting to a helicopter just you can race the whole way. If they decide to try l4d2 then they could do a scavenge variant or something, not necessarily a scavenge game but maybe a game of collect the most cans in the Dead Center or The Passing finales.

I kinda want to see them doing a challenge in Saints row 3 or 4. That game has plenty of shenanigans to be had, especially with everyone's favourite purple melee weapon. SR3: longest person to survive with only a melee weapon with cop/gang rating level 5. Also I do believe that SR4 came with multiplayer battle minigames?

Good luck to Yahtzee for future battles! You have to win some of them!

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
I really want to like this show, I really do, as it shows potential..but that music? Why?

There's no game audio, which may be due to recording issues.. but then why add that annoying as hell music? It's really offputting.. I stopped watching after 4 minutes or so. It would be so much better if you'd remove that guitar music and just let the game sounds back in. Even just removing the music (or decrease its volume by like 60%) and only keep their voices in would be better.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Yathzee did, indeed, win the challenge by technicality. He died last by a slim fraction, enough to be noticeable to the people who get to see both videos. I even have a screen cap... but there's no point unless one of them calls for an instant review thing like in football (the kind you get to play with your hands).