Underworld 4 Gets Underway

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Underworld 4 Gets Underway

New Moon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96279-Twilight-Sequel-Breaks-Records] isn't the only vampire flick in town it seems as work begins on the fourth installment in the Underworld series.

Studio Screen Gems has hired writer John Hlavin, whose credits consist mainly of occasional television work, to write the script for a fourth Underworld movie. Details are thin on the ground, but Hlaven has confirmed that the movie will not be another prequel like Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

"It will satisfy old fans and excite new audiences," he said, "meaning that we don't want to redo the first three movies, so steps are being taken to honor what fans have loved but at the same time introduce fresh elements."

Sources disagree whether Kate Beckinsale, who starred in the first two movies, will be reprising her role of Selene, with some saying yes and others saying no. No director is attached to the project, with Len Wiseman said to be producing. The movie will apparently be in 3D and is scheduled for a January 2011 release.

I'll be honest, what I'm really interested in is what the movie will be called. Might I suggest "Underworld: By Crom Not Another One"?

Source: Rotten Tomatoes [http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/1197233-thor/news/1856695/weekly_ketchup_idris_elba_cast_in_thor_more_spider_man_4_rumors]

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Wait, there was an Underworld 2? And an Underworld 3?

Seriously? When did they happen?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Amnestic said:

I've heard of 2, but never knew there was 3... Are these straight to video?

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
sounds good, as long as their is vampires behaveing like vampires (killing, drinking blood, beating the shit out of things with super strength) I'll go see it.

laura3lizab3th

Oct 15, 2009
I'm not overly keen on Underworld either, but at least the Vampires ARE actually Vampires in that. Wow i hope it kicks New Moons sparkly bum.

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
*At Studio Screen Gems HQ*

"Sir!"
"What is it sunshine?"
"New moon has broke records!"
"DEAR GOD"
"they even beat harry potter!"
"*pukes* ......Bob get John Hlavin on the phone"
"YES SIR"
"also get me a mop"
"aye..."

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Well, I enjoyed the prequel since it gave me depth to where all this drama came from. The second one was fun for me. I am a tad apprehensive since there is a new guy running the show, meaning the previous guy/girl/whatever wasn't interested.

If they can't bag Kate for the proper role, I will only watch it after it becomes something bargain bin.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

"Number 3" was actually a prequel. Rise of the Lychens or something

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

No they were in the cinemas. I don't think there was a lot of hype though, however i may have lived under a rock throughout that period.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

3 was actually titled "Rise of the Lycans".

I have it on blu-ray - it's not horrible.
And the lead looks uncannily like Simon Pegg.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

"Number 3" was actually a prequel. Rise of the Lychens or something
Yeah, It was all about the werewolf bloke that got merced in the first one. Which kinda made you realize why they were at war and that he wasn't a douchebag.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
I saw only the first one, thought that it was kind of normal and that's all. I have never heard that there are sequels.... I'm not going to see it.

laura3lizab3th

Oct 15, 2009
RAND00M said:
laura3lizab3th said:
Wow i hope it kicks New Moons sparkly bum.
In quality it most likely will.But in sales,it's fucked.
Oh theres no doubt the sales are going to be way under what New Moon is getting. Unfortunately. We can still hope.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Interesting. I mean, it's pretty obvious that they're just trying to milk a little bit of cash out of the Twilight demographic, but that's not a bad thing. As long as they don't resort to dumb gimmicks, I'm sure this movie will be fin...

nilcypher said:
...the movie will apparently be in 3D...
[HEADING=2]WHAT???[/HEADING]

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Underworld is a great series. Numbers one and two were full of good action, shooting and sword violence. The 3rd one or the prequel give more story to all the flashbacks the first two kept showing so i'm ready to see how they're going to continue it. But in 3D come one folks when has a live action movie set to a 3d style ever worked........

laura3lizab3th

Oct 15, 2009
RAND00M said:
make death threats.
Of course, that will work. For the sanity of the human race you MUST see Underworld. Drive the Twihard fans into hiding with there sparkly disillusioned ideas of what vampires are.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
laura3lizab3th said:
RAND00M said:
make death threats.
Of course, that will work. For the sanity of the human race you MUST see Underworld. Drive the Twihard fans into hiding with there sparkly disillusioned ideas of what vampires are.
Or else we'll nuke em.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
this could be pretty cool. i liked the underworld movies, tho i do hope Kate returns if the movie involves her character