Underworld 4 Gets Underway

HeadlessChicken

Sep 10, 2008
I went for the first movie expecting nothing but a silly action flick and Kate Beckinsale. Not disappointed upon exit, and discovered new reason to enjoy the series- Bill Nighy, hamming it up as Viktor.

Pity that he likely won't be around for more sequels.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
bad rider said:
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:
Wait, there was an Underworld 2? And an Underworld 3?

Seriously? When did they happen?
I've heard of 2, but never knew there was 3... Are these straight to video?
"Number 3" was actually a prequel. Rise of the Lychens or something
Yeah, It was all about the werewolf bloke that got merced in the first one. Which kinda made you realize why they were at war and that he wasn't a douchebag.
What is funny that is that Lucian was my favorite character throughout the series, even at the beginning. Honestly, I expect him to show up in the fourth one. If you see the events of the first movie at the end, it is improbable but possible.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
DeathWyrmNexus said:
bad rider said:
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

Yeah, It was all about the werewolf bloke that got merced in the first one. Which kinda made you realize why they were at war and that he wasn't a douchebag.
What is funny that is that Lucian was my favorite character throughout the series, even at the beginning. Honestly, I expect him to show up in the fourth one. If you see the events of the first movie at the end, it is improbable but possible.
Well....

If Lycan's work anything like Vampires do in Underworld, they get stronger as the age, and if Viktor can survive having a sword jammed out the back of his head in RotL, then I think Lucian could probably survive the bullet's, i'm sure I remember him forcing them out anyway, but iirc it was the special silver nitrate bullets that get in the bloodstream that "killed" him. But after seeing Michael come back from being dead, anythings possible. What i'm trying to get at, is that he's more or less the Lycan version of the Vampire Elder's, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he came back.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

Wow, really? Evolution (2) was ok, Rise of the Lycans (3) sucked. It was a prequel and came out after Twilight, I was hoping it would make vampires cool again, but no.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
3? There was actually a part 3? I've heard of the second one but 3?

First one was good (I guess), the second one sucked so no hopes for this one.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Baron Khaine said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
bad rider said:
awes0mepenguin said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Amnestic said:

Well....

If Lycan's work anything like Vampires do in Underworld, they get stronger as the age, and if Viktor can survive having a sword jammed out the back of his head in RotL, then I think Lucian could probably survive the bullet's, i'm sure I remember him forcing them out anyway, but iirc it was the special silver nitrate bullets that get in the bloodstream that "killed" him. But after seeing Michael come back from being dead, anythings possible. What i'm trying to get at, is that he's more or less the Lycan version of the Vampire Elder's, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he came back.
That was kinda what I was getting at and...

he already injected himself with Mike's blood and Raze had brought the other blood. It wasn't that far off either. He does seem resilient enough to rest some of the damage off and then get the rest of the equation into himself.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well truthfully the half vampire half werewolf guy from the first movie needed more credit in the second one other than simply coming back from something that should have killed anyone. I think they made the second one a bit too "Selene-centric". The problem with the prequel IMO was that with that logic I don't think the Werewolves would have been that (relatively) easy to deal with in the other movies, especially their leader.

Still, I suppose a fourth one is doable. We're not talking high art here, and truthfully there are series that have stretched premises further.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
nilcypher said:
Studio Screen Gems has hired writer John Hlavin, whose credits consist mainly of occasional television work, to write the script for a fourth Underworld movie.
Perhaps this dead horse is finally about to be pulped

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
The movies aren't masterpieces, but the the vampires are awesome and when they fight they're even more awesome. I hope it rapes New Moon and that fugly parallelogram-headed ****.

And at least the CGI doesn't look like something from Jason and the Argonauts.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
What i like the most about the UW series is the seriousness regarding vampire and lycan physique. There's no vaguely alluded to features that turn out to be a plot point in the last 5 minutes. In the first half of the first movie everything technical is already explained and properly adressed like how the vampire clans obtained their immense riches and don't leave tons of drained corpses.

What i also like is how they get rid of the "take this magical dagger, it kills dracula" approach and just gives both sides machine guns firing tracers with the glowing bits replaced by silver nitrate or radioactive goo.

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
I hope this one will be better than the 3rd one!
Underworld 3 is place 3 on my most boring movies of all time list! 2nd most disappointing movie i have seen this year.
i think the fourth one should be called "Underworld: Less copy pasted dialogue"

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I liked Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans because it had Werewolves kicking Vampires asses.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
....Great, a 4th one.

This is coming from a person who has indeed seen all of them as of yet, and disliked all three. Vampires are cool, my only major, major issue is how much blood they do drink. Dunno why, but it became really irritating after awhile when I was in the middle of the 2nd movie and it suddenly dawned on me that Vampire's are heavy blood drinkers, heavy. You rarely see them drink (though there was some in the 1st).

Other than that one complaint, I had not major issues. a friend of mine said she didn't like it due to the blue werewolves in the 1st, but stopped complaining when I told her the guys who did the animation put too much of the filter on top of them, making them blue.

But...all around, a stew pot full of vinegar and the bones of fat of pigs, and that pretty much sums up the Underworld for me....

....Oh, and no, I did not see the Twilight Series, and I don't want to, everything that the commercials showed me let my skin crawl

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I enjoyed the first two films to an extent, though have not seen Rise of the Lycans.

I won't exactly be running out the door to go see this, but if it turns out to be okay, maybe I'll give it a chance.

Though I know I can't have been the only one who, when seeing the comment about the film "exciting new audiences", couldn't help but think "Twilight fans". I wonder what will win out, Underworld's nasty looking werewolves or New Moon's overgrown puppies.