Unforgotten Realms: Episode Eight: Chicken Salad Sandwich

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Killerkittenprr where did you get taht female human Schmoopy avitar? Is that, like, skin of tollerance effect or something, where you also match gender or what?

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
I didn't steal your avatar, I went back in time just before you selected it and I pre-selected it just before you did, and then informed my future self of the proper choice.

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
lol perhaps the phan base will come up with a modified rule book of sorts. The table top game Paranoia used some scripting to make a chat like program that tracks stats and such so that people could virtually play online. But I am sure everyone wants a flash animation version ;/

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
What?! No Roamin' intro song? Sir Schmoopy, you sir are an evil bastage! I do believe you are truly Timmy the Evil in disguise!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
SirSchmoopy post=6.69208.657222 said:
For the love of god why do ninjas keep taking my avatar.

Anyway, if you don't like the show don't watch it. If you don't like the revisits of jokes, don't watch it. If you don't like how episodes are done then don't watch it. What a lot of you fail to understand is that your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is not the majority nor do is it the right idea for me to listen or even take your suggestions. In fact even in this thread, the reasons for why people didn't like the episode are each completely different. Telling me I should "do this and this" only applies to you. I get some people who think its the best episode because they love the roamin and gaary arguements and then I get others who think the episode was boring because all they did was stand around. On the ogre episode I have people telling me it's a boring battle action episode and no story and I should do more jokes? I can't win. The worst is when what you say contridicts yourself, sorry to pick on you Syphonz, but you say the quality has gone down from episode one and two when the repetition of jokes were even higher then they were in this episode. This episode did what? Uhh Sorc School and...? Exactly :/

I might just have to stop reading opinions on the web because they are simply to random and all over the place, if you don't like the show man just don't watch it. It's impossible for me to please every single persons idea of "funny" so I simply do it by how I have always done it and do it by what I think is funny. So if you are going to come on here and say the show has gotten less and less funny like a tool, then just do me a favor and don't watch it.
Even though I said there is a bit of repetition. I still think you got a good humor. Besides, you can't always win everyone. Don't worry about it.

For that Avatar problem, maybe you should hit everyone who has the avatar with nunchucks doubled by a flare.

Benicus

Jul 28, 2008
I thought he would be a Bard too.
Aside from that, I loved this episode the most.
And Roamin and Gary are the best characters personally XD

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
Guys... sorry but the show is going downhill...

One day i discovered your show, and i watched the most current episode (like 7 or something) and it sucked, but i tried anyway, and i started the series form teh beggining. and it was funny! it was so funny. i told friends, and they agreed....

But then at some point they began to not be funny... like the last three episodes just... fell flat. Used tired jokes, gamer references and lame catchphrases. These things could be funny... but im sorry its just not doing it for me anymore.

Raykz

Aug 8, 2008
First thing, Rob you are completely right, all arguments (at least all I made) are made on my opinion of what funny is, and everyone has a different idea, I still abide by those arguments, clearing that they are MY opinion. Anyways I still LOVE UR and I loved this episode as well, it was really good.

ANTX81 post=6.69208.662923 said:
was i the only one who thought Gary was going to be a bard?
Everyone who has watched most episodes multiple times should think Gary is a bard, why? Well in the first episode when Rob has to choose a class he says: "Lumberjack, who else is going to.... A Bard? A Barbarian, I don't think so, a Lumberjack!" Upon saying Bard in this sentence a figure dressed just like Gary is, is shown on screen. (So fact number 1. Gary is dressed just like a previously showned bard) Fact number 2 is that Gary is sort of music happy. He's job until now was to sing Roamin's intro, which Bard's are normally the ones to do all the "music" stuff.

Edit: PS: Also if you don't want people stealing your avatar, you should make them take it away from the select an avatar thing.

elyk

Aug 9, 2006

Anyway, if you don't like the show don't watch it. If you don't like the revisits of jokes, don't watch it. If you don't like how episodes are done then don't watch it. What a lot of you fail to understand is that your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is not the majority nor do is it the right idea for me to listen or even take your suggestions. In fact even in this thread, the reasons for why people didn't like the episode are each completely different. Telling me I should "do this and this" only applies to you. I get some people who think its the best episode because they love the roamin and gaary arguements and then I get others who think the episode was boring because all they did was stand around. On the ogre episode I have people telling me it's a boring battle action episode and no story and I should do more jokes? I can't win. The worst is when what you say contridicts yourself, sorry to pick on you Syphonz, but you say the quality has gone down from episode one and two when the repetition of jokes were even higher then they were in this episode. This episode did what? Uhh Sorc School and...? Exactly :/

I might just have to stop reading opinions on the web because they are simply to random and all over the place, if you don't like the show man just don't watch it. It's impossible for me to please every single persons idea of "funny" so I simply do it by how I have always done it and do it by what I think is funny. So if you are going to come on here and say the show has gotten less and less funny like a tool, then just do me a favor and don't watch it.
Well im glad that we hav the same sense of humor cause i hav laughed so hard at every episode. I love them all. I bet i hav watched like all of the episodes at least 15 times now and they are one of the main reasons i get on the internet lol.

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008
Another brilliant episode as usual. What's pretty funny about the whole Indian thing is that in India there is a huge amount of really good Chinese food (along with the sock-knocking-off brilliance of Indian food). So really Rob saying that if it weren't for Indians he wouldn't have found out how good Chinese food is may not be a joke. That whole bit was just gold though, especially the 'I'm not sure which one of us is more politically incorrect right now' in Mike's voice of feeling hopeless.

Either that or I'm procrastinating too much at the moment when an essay needs writing.

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008

You know, verbally assaulting (and yes, I consider this a verbal assault, considering you are basically saying that anybody who doesn't love your show should GTFO) the fanbase that's trying to give you constructive criticism, along with failing to know how the basic "select an avatar" feature works (or it being added after you started used that) is a good way to alienate different kinds of people. I mean, I still like the show and all, but this kind of tirade isn't good for my opinion of you.

About the constructive criticism thing: If a bunch of people are telling you the same thing is wrong with your show, instead of thinking you are above them and only pleasing one fanbase, you could at least try to take their criticism into account. I mean, yeah, you will get conflicting opinions, but if the main one is that you are repeating jokes too much or too obviously, then don't do it. Honestly, I myself can't recall any joke repeating itself in the early episodes (or at least not any joke that wasn't funny) but the sorc school thing is an overused running gag that never felt that great in the first place.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
milskidasith post=6.69208.665321 said:
About the constructive criticism thing: If a bunch of people are telling you the same thing is wrong with your show, instead of thinking you are above them and only pleasing one fanbase, you could at least try to take their criticism into account. I mean, yeah, you will get conflicting opinions, but if the main one is that you are repeating jokes too much or too obviously, then don't do it. Honestly, I myself can't recall any joke repeating itself in the early episodes (or at least not any joke that wasn't funny) but the sorc school thing is an overused running gag that never felt that great in the first place.
The avatar thing was a joke btw, in case you couldn't tell by my internet show but I do tend to joke a lot :(

Verbally assaulting isn't what I was trying to get across. I don't expect everyone to love everything I do and criticism in it's self is fine. Just it is absolutely useless to come here and this "This episode sucked, the show is going downhill". That's not productive at all.

I'm not trying to be "Above" people but my god the line between trying to be helpful and being a dick is so thin when you come in here and say "This episode sucked". People don't seem to understand that this isn't a big commercial TV show, it's one guy who when you say his work sucked goes "wtfmate".

Other repetition jokes? Lumberjack, Plan C, Monocles. Honestly, it's not really that big of a joke in this episode. The first time it isn't really a joke until I relate it a second time and then near the end of episode 6 I do it a third time. This episode simply goes back and relates to it again because it is exaggerated and silly. If you pick out every joke you didn't like to come here and tell me that's not really helpful since other people, most likely in the same thread liked it. Basically, 5 seconds of the 16 minute episode were not enjoyable hence the series is going downhill? :/ Elaborate on why this episode is so bad and what for example was a much better episode. I won't exactly take your suggestion as the rule but at least then I can see your feedback as feedback and not you simply just being a negative nancy saying my show sucks. Some fans tell me episodes suck when it's just a battle scene and some say it sucked when it's too much story and not enough jokes. This week you get the characters, in a simply setting just doing jokes and I got people saying it was a boring episode because nothing happend. I can't win and I'm not going to win but are the last 4 episodes in any way close to the same?

This is not verbal harassment but if you truly think I am attacking you guys in anyway then in the future I'll know better then to talk back to fans. Sorry but this is my work and I try harder every episode to give a better show and it's very discouraging to read negative feedback with little reason or helpful information.

Mojotusks

Jul 13, 2008
I would have laughed if you made gary a theif. Great episode. Yahtzee better watch out, theres a new contender for number one spot in the escapist video gallery.

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
See, the thing about the lumberjack jokes is that they were somewhat funny. Yeah, they are a running gag, but Sorc school involves a much longer, unnaturally drawn clip throw in there with the exact same dialogue. If I had to take a random comedic genre for this metaphor, the lumberjack jokes are more like telling different yo momma jokes to the same person, whereas the sorc school thing is like saying the same yo momma joke to everybody. The only time the "sorc school" joke felt at all fresh was the converastion afterwords between R-O-A-M-I-N and Gary. Plan C wasn't quite funny, but it was actually something... well, natural. The sorc school joke feels more like a hand wave to why Sir Schmoopy knows everybody they meet than an actual joke or characterization, wheras running away seems like a good idea. And monocles: Yeah, that one kind of got old as well, but it still didn't feel as forced in as sorc school, because sorc school was trying to be a joke and a way to explain why people know each other.

Murriness

Jul 10, 2008
Well the episode got a little slow around the end but I have to say I love that sir schmoopy's out for the battle was traveling back in time so they can avoid it. I never would have considered that an option and I love that he did.

Chiasm

Aug 27, 2008
Have to say a main motivation to start posting on this site is just to give amazing encouragement to your videos, It brings back allot of memories of the simple times of just playing PnP rpgs with friends that you often forget about on the average 9-5 grown up life.

Also on a side note.

It seems no matter what happens in this day and age it becomes cool to like the something new and fresh and then after 2 months cool then hate it. It seems Yathzee is now cool to hate.Maybe I am going crazy but it seems everything from movies(Evil Dead) to even games or books and music. Just seems insane its repeating now on this series as well.

P.S Have you thought about making a Petey plushie =p

Lulzovich

Aug 27, 2008
Great episode, Rob! I always lol at R-O-A-M-I-N and Garry when they argue over some stupid things XD Keep being awesome, Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon, keep being awesome!