United Kingdom Privilege (NSFW)

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Egoraptor's from the UK?

Thaaaaaat explains everything!

-----------

Putting NSFW in the title and not showin' me one single private part should be a crime punishable by swift and multiple kicks in the ****.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
You have ****, but we have spaz. That one is pretty benign here but is pretty controversial in the land where people drink tea and never see the sun.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
3 pages and 105 posts in and the current tally of times the word **** has been said is 93 and no banhammers including this post. Let's aim for 100 you cunts!

Skatologist said:
Nah, TF doesn't trigger c*nts, he is one.

Grey agrees:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/GreyTheTick/status/593062071597543425]
Hmm, not sure how to feel about that one. I'm not sure if the comic was entirely sarcastic, if the tweet is sarcastic, or if it's Grey saying "it's okay when I do it" here. Or just taking a potshot at thunderf00t. Besides, I think TF would take being called a **** about the same way I do, as a term of endearment.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Dannyjw said:
I find americans elongate the word "****" and just doesn't sound right when they use it.
Bollocks! When have you ever heard an American say ****?! We would burn people at the stake for uttering that word. Which is a goddamn shame, because I love saying ****.

Maybe it's the accent. I don't know. Or maybe it's that most Americans are too afraid to say it proudly, for fear of being burned at the stake.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
As an American with a lineage that's about a quarter Scotch-Irish I suppose I can literally just say one letter.

Perhaps one at a time? "C." "U." "N." "T."

Or back to back? "C. U. N. T."

Maybe I can just spell it? "C-U-N-T."

This feels a bit unfair, if I'm being honest.

I suppose I can just let other folks, like an entire nation, say it for me.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Caramel Frappe said:
I never swear, but only because I find it to sound bad on my end... as in, I don't sound logical when I say it. So I never speak of such words and describe things differently. For example the common person may say-

Random Person: "AAHHHH F*** I STUBBED MY TOE!! GOD D*** IT!!"

Me" "OOOoowwwwwwwww ... holy crap, my toe! I hit it quite hard and now i'm in sheer pain!!"

... Lame I know.
Hey at least you communicate it, I just say "Chingado" in a really deadpan but annoyed tone everyone just thinks I'm just minorly annoyed, one time I accidentally got burned with a hot pan and my skin got sticked to it so when I dropped it and it took a piece of my skin with it everyone thought I was just annoyed that I accidentally dropped and no one even realized I had charred skin hanging from my arm and pus was coming out where the skin used to be, it was disgusting but I was to busy to stop working at the time.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
lacktheknack said:
I have no idea why I didn't expect to walk into these comments and find it to be brimming with cu-

Cu-

C-

Cu-

I can't do it. I'm too Canadian. ;___;
You come from the land that gave us Trailer Park Boys. If anything, I would think this would be right up your fucking alley. :O

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
Congrats, guys! I'm glad to hear that by being white privileged men from a country that has oppressed people around the world for centuries, both male and female, you can freely use a word that is exclusively a derogatory term for female genitalia. Hell, why don't you just give yourselves the pass to use the n-word whenever you feel like it and toss around some homophobic slurs while you're at it? I see no flaws with this plan.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
teamcharlie said:
Congrats, guys! I'm glad to hear that by being white privileged men from a country that has oppressed people around the world for centuries, both male and female, you can freely use a word that is exclusively a derogatory term for female genitalia. Hell, why don't you just give yourselves the pass to use the n-word whenever you feel like it and toss around some homophobic slurs while you're at it? I see no flaws with this plan.
Hey man no need to be a racist **** about it.

EeviStev

Mar 2, 2011
Well, that's one way of getting me to read an entire forum thread. (Quite the entertaining read, mind; good show, old cunts).

Also a great way of making the word "****" lose all meaning.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
teamcharlie said:
....Is this bait?

Flashmanic

Jun 11, 2014
teamcharlie said:
I found the tumblr user.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
An Ceannaire said:
teamcharlie said:
....Is this bait?
Yup. This looks like bait. Just back quietly away...

CAPTCHA: skynet watches. ...not helping, captcha. Not helping.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Pyramid Head said:
You have ****, but we have spaz. That one is pretty benign here but is pretty controversial in the land where people drink tea and never see the sun.
Hey, that's not entirely fair. We get to see the sun anytime we want, in pictures and Television. Westerns on a high brightness and colour setting is how I work on catching my lushious rays!
There is definately a lot of tea here though. Not sure who keeps leaving it, but can't complain.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
I'm Scottish and we use **** as a friendly term as well an insult:

"Paul? Aye, Pauls a good ****".
"Paul? Aye, he's a fucking ****".

We just don't see the problem with the term at all. Saying that, Kevin Bridges (comedian) said it better than most that we use swearing in place of punctuation. :)

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
lacktheknack said:
I have no idea why I didn't expect to walk into these comments and find it to be brimming with cu-

Cu-

C-

Cu-

I can't do it. I'm too Canadian. ;___;
I kinda hate that I can't bring myself to type it either. Too repressed I guess. I was going to do something like "Critical Miss" more like "C***able Miss" but my prudish childhood just keeps winning out...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
sageoftruth said:
An Ceannaire said:
sageoftruth said:
As an American with no fondness for words like those, I consider it a privilege.
Check your privilege, ****.

OT: Surprised nobody has caused genuine uproar yet about this comic seemingly implying that Ireland is part of the UK.
Sorry. What I was trying to say was, I'm pleased to live among people who cannot use that word.
But it's only a word.
A vulgar word. The fewer of those I have to listen to on a daily basis, the better for me. Still, I must admit that even without that word, people in the US really are no less vulgar in the way some of them speak. Also, it somehow sounds less vulgar when said in the UK.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
teamcharlie said:
I **** remember Ireland oppressing anyone actually. We just weren't that kind of a cuntry.