University Course Teaches Zombie Survival Skills

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
My university also has a zombie film class, but it's full of annoying film students who wonder if Romero chose a mall as the setting of Day of the Dead to comment on the zombie-like consumers and if there was a social parable.

Stuffy pricks, ruining a perfectly good class by thinking there is more than there is.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Seriously... not only would I actually pay attention in this class but I would ace it... and maybe sign up to it for many more years. Alas, I live in England. :,(

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Irridium said:
Eh, if a Zombie apocalypse does happen, it'll be easily contained. Unless the virus is airborne that is.
Quite so. Traditional zombies really are not that threatening. Hell, all you need to do is wait out a few days and nature will take care of them.

Apr 28, 2008
blakfayt said:
Irridium said:
hehe, thats funny.

Eh, if a Zombie apocalypse does happen, it'll be easily contained. Unless the virus is airborn that is.

Still though, sounds like a fun class.
Have you read World War Z? No it won't be contained, because people won't believe it, there will be a handful of die hard zombie fanatics who will head for high ground but most people will think it's terrorism or some other shit until they actually watch their grandmother rise from the dead, at which point shock sets in, or they think it's a miracle, hug their undead loved one and get bitten. See people are not equipped to handle something that doesn't fit with what they call "reality" so anyone over 30 who isn't into pop culture will deny it up until they are eaten. If the virus is airborne well then it's something like 1 in every 50,000 people will live, because of natural immunity to the virus (that's a medical major friend of mines opinion, he gave me some real statistical data that said that is the base possible number of people who could be immune to a new disease)
Even so, if anything nature will take care of them. Zombies are the walking dead. Meaning they're full of rotting mean, and rotting meat does not fare well in hot, or cold climates. Plus there's the bacteria and bugs that break down the meat. Not to mention its hard for normal people to bite each other, to say nothing of a slow pile of flesh.

Plus in the cities a good chunk would simply wander off bridges and whatnot.

And I think if people can believe that Swine Flu would be "the" virus that we can't fight, despite being just the same old flu only mildly different then other flu, then something tells me a good chunk would believe in the walking dead.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
That sounds awesome, except for the whole reading The Walking Dead thing. I loved those comics, until they got a bit too soap opera-y for my taste.

Canadian Briton

May 1, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Quaxar said:
Alright, I'll put it on my "to read" list. Expect me to come back to it in about a year, I don't have exactly a few books on there.
Still, if you say it's better than the film I'll give it a shot.
Put The Chrysalids on there as well. John Wyndham is a genius :)
Chrysalids? *has flashbacks to X-com and curls up in fetal position*

OT: Yes! Zombies should be recognised as a threat to humanity!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Heh, like it's necessary. A zombie apocalypse would fail quickly. Thanks, Cracked!

Although shit like this does worry me that it will happen D:

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
That college course sounds pretty interesting. I would love take it if I lived anywhere near Baltimore. I wonder if they teach about different monster as well besides Zombies.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
The title is very mis-leading.

But personally, I'd like for more zombie-apocalypse fiction to be in the media and in literature more often.
For the subject to get it's own course....is odd, but pretty damn sweet anyways.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
I already got the zombie survival guide, and my gear ready, so unless there were no other good alternatives, i would take a pass

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
This school totally stole my idea (I actually taught a mini-class on zombie survival when my calc prof didn't show one day)

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
CJackson95 said:
and you wonder why people can't get jobs...
Sure, you say that now, but wait till the only jobs are Zombie Fighter and Lunch, then we'll see who is laughing!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
poiuppx said:
CJackson95 said:
and you wonder why people can't get jobs...
Sure, you say that now, but wait till the only jobs are Zombie Fighter and Lunch, then we'll see who is laughing!
damn... you got me there, well, I guess if you can't beat them, join them.