Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Let's see...

-Fallout 3's story was absolute garbage.
-Diablo 3 is a great game with a few minor problems that are being fixed in 1.04.

junkmail22

Jul 11, 2012
-Borderlands was total shit
-We can wait for Half life 3
-You can't take a realistic shooter, add one mechanic, then call it totally different from Call of Duty (which I find decent and over-slandered, even though it's nothing special and it's not worth the price)
-Counter strike is either really boring/really fun (and still the most realistic FPS on market)
-Team fortress 2 is still the world's best game
-Fallout NV had the best atmosphere/setting i've seen so far

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Elate said:
-That Resident Evil 5 was actually fun.
-That Crysis had a good story.
Crysis had a story? Well shit now I have to see it and play it to see if it was really awesome.

Also, Resident Evil 5 was pretty fun if you had a partner, it was above average with the AI only however.

Promethax said:
- Thinks Skyrim was good
So do many people still. I'm the only one who thinks that it is outright a fucking terribly designed, horrendous glitchy mess that ran on hype fuel alone. Most people only think it was decent and at worst sub-par.

Devoneaux said:
Katamari Damaci is superior to Portal.
Katarmi is way better then most games today, period.

All Elder Scrolls Games past Morrowind are consolized pieces of shit. Lack of actual inventory management, the game stopped being difficult in certain areas so the world never really expanded for you. The engine it uses are shitty [both the new one and the Oblivion one] that are so chalk full of glitches. The motto changed from "lets make a amazing RPG" to "Lets make a game run on hype and nothing else, also, if a glitch is funny, leave it in."

Any and all people who say that Graphics are responsible for the way a game looks I want to slap because this is fucking WRONG!

Graphics are about as important as a Jill Sandwich. Which is not at all. If people could make Nethack and Dwarf Fortress super amazing games using AscII characters then I'm sure we could all stop asking for more graphical fidelity because all its doing is shortening games. You know Dark Souls? That isn't a very graphically capable game, but it is still breath taking because the game's style is amazing.

Mass Effect was done better by many other people in the fantasy gaming genre, just not in the sci-fi one.

Mass Effect series in general was decent and nothing more, however 3 is the worst out of the series.

That sexism does not exist in gaming solely because it is gaming.

That there isn't enough sexy dudes in gaming, the usual reaction is "EEEWWWW, THEY ARE SO NOT MASCULINE AND COVERED UP!" Usually by people non-secure in their masculinity. If I have to look at some chicks ass [I could care less, I'm gay] waving up and down on a front cover then at least give something to the ladies.

Fallout 3 was a terrible game and was blindingly obvious how it was going to end.

That publishers will fall off the face of the earth soon, same with consoles where they will basically become shit PC's.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Everything you like sucks, and my opinion is so much more valid than yours because I don't like the games that you like. And if you don't agree with me you must be stupid.

Joey Bolzenius

Sep 9, 2011
-Ninja Gaiden 2(X360) was a major improvement over the incredible Ninja Gaiden(Xbox)
-Super Smash Bros Brawl has way too many characters, too floaty of controls, and players tend to be terrible(me) or amazing(everybody else) with little to no skill levels in between so I can at least win 1 fucking match
-way too many RPGs even Japanese developed ones like Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls, while good, feature European/Middle Ages style fantasy worlds and characters
-MMOs are not worth playing for their lack of a true endgame and potential douchebags taking me out of the game
-3D fighting games are more fun for me, hell I think the greatest fighting game of all time is Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution and the original Soul Calibur
-Gears of War is a visually stunning series of games and not because of tech, but for attention to detail and a unique visual style
-Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is possibly one of, if not the greatest fps of this generation
-sequels can be fucking amazing and even better than previous games in a series
-God of War: Ascension looks ok, but the series need to move onto the pantheons of other religions/cultures and soon
-Dragon Quest 10 does not need to require an internet connection and a monthly subscription!!
-I do not feel that hostile to Resident Evil 6

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
-Sometimes "consolizing" a game makes it better
-It takes very little creativity to make an "arty" 2D platformer
-There's no such thing as "oversaturation"
-Most gay gamers have horrible taste in games
-I'm glad Team Silent broke up because The Room was really lackluster and shows they were running out of steam
-Silent Hill: Homecoming was 75% of a good game and the other 25% reeks of executive meddling
-There are just as many racist 12 year olds on PC as there are on Xbox LIVE
-Treyarch >>> Infinity Ward
-Gearbox >>> Valve
-Just because a game labeled "survival horror" isn't necessarily scary doesn't automatically make it a bad game

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I prefer text to voice chat in MMOs (in my case EVE). Getting all the TS or Mumble or whatever software all set up is a pain in the ass, and of course the alliance leadership changes the access policy like twice a fucking week. If we MUST use voice, quit being so damn elitist and just use the voice chat built into the game. EVE Voice is perfectly functional and does not require faffing about with APIs and 25 digit alphanumerical alliance access passes and shit like that. And shit to the alliances I have been in that make you install OUT OF GAME text chat. One of the leaders in an alliance I recently left didn't even have an active subscription to the game, he just communicated exclusively through IM. I don't have a big monitor, I do not want to make my game screen even smaller so I can keep an eye on yet another open window, and alt tabbing every time you want to talk is just not convenient. Just learn to read the damn in game chat, it isn't fucking hard.

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
Here's some controversy for you gents.
-DMC2 was better than the first one.
-DMC3 had the worst Devil Trigger of them all.
-I think Pokemon got better after the First Gen and Second Gen.
-I think Cartoon and Anime Video games are awesome.
-I thought Final Fantasy VII took a while to get good.
-I like the remake of Chrono Trigger more than the original game.
-I thought Madworld was pretty darn good.
-I thought Sonic and the Secret Rings was rather entertaining.
-DMC5 will probably be decent enough gameplay wise.
-The Disgaea series hasn't been fun or had good characters since the first game.
-Half-Life was a good game, but I prefer other FPS's to it.
-Metroid Prime has a better everything than Half-Life 2.
-Metroid Other M had very solid gameplay elements besides the FPS missile firing.
-Golden Eye was a better FPS than Half-Life.
and finally- Majora's Mask was a better game than Ocarina of Time.

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
-
- The Paper Mario games are among the best games ever made and the best thing to be associated with the Mario series.
Whoa, whoa,whoa. People don't like Paper Mario? IN WHAT world is that? EVEN Yahtzee, bitter, sour, King of Grumptoplis that he is loves Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
hoboman29 said:
FuhrerVonZephyr said:
hoboman29 said:
-I think cosmetic DLC is worth getting
-Hats in Team Fortress 2 are the biggest waste of money and time as they do nothing to gameplay
Wat :v
Lol I did not plan that out :O but the hats in TF2 are still the most expensive parts of it. It's also about 75% of what Valve works on. It's paying $7.50 of real money for 1 thing that doesn't do anything, usually cosmetic DLC is released in packs for $5 so you feel you aren't completely wasting money on it.
I've spent money on hats.

I've also sold them for about ~100 dollars worth of games, I'd say that's worth it :D

Also, the majority of hats are under 5 dollars.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
PsychedelicDiamond said:
-
- The Paper Mario games are among the best games ever made and the best thing to be associated with the Mario series.
Whoa, whoa,whoa. People don't like Paper Mario? IN WHAT world is that? EVEN Yahtzee, bitter, sour, King of Grumptoplis that he is loves Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door.
Oh, it's not like people dislike them but they tend to forget about them.

Drudgelmir

Oct 30, 2009
FIFA is terrible, Runescape is a great game and in my opinion is vastly better than WoW. And...Just because a game is old, that does not stop it from being good.
(Seriously, I lived with some guys last year who would scoff and laugh when I played N64/genesis/ps1 games, they were morons though).