Unpopular Opinions

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
AverageJoe said:
Alright so mine's a little bit silly and unimportant, but it will undoubtedly piss off some nerds.

I hate Batman. He's a two-dimensional fuck who wears his underpants over his trousers, and has this ridiculously black and white version of morality that just ends up hurting more people 'cause he's too much of a wuss to make sacrifices. I can't understand how the majority of the internet seems to find him the epitome of cool. I want him to cut the pretense, buy a shotgun, and blow the Jokers brains out.

Yeah yeah I know, Joker needs to stay alive because he's a good character and an important part of the story, same with all the other Batman baddies. But could they just have some good reasons for keeping him alive apart from Batman constantly striving to be the "good guy" and being completely and utterly blind to any notion of the greater good. Every time Joker gets locked up, he gets out and hurts more people and does more damage, hey at this point maybe we could think about striving to kill him instead? You know, to stop this problem completely? Because it's the only option left?

I've only ever seen The Dark Knight and played two games with Batman in them, so I don't know if the comics are different or whatever, I don't read comics. I also realize I've just described pretty much every major "superheroes" agenda. and yes I hate most of them too, in fact I hate comic tropes in general, from what I've seen of them in movies and played in games. But Batman seems like one of the worst to me. Every time I see or play something with Batman in it I keep screaming inside at his complete stupidity in every situation.

(also I know Joker dies at the end of Arkham City, but do you REALLY think that will last? Please.)
You might want to put a spoiler at the end, not everyone has played that.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
I initially avoided this thread, but might as well throw in my own.

Politically, I support capital punishment, corporal punishment, and tighter regulation (but not banning) of abortion. Britain should leave the European Union ASAP. I always seem to get flak for those views.

Israel is, ironically, a nasty fascist state and it's allowed to get away with the persecution and ghettoisation of Palestinians thanks to AIPAC. Not so unpopular but there are plenty of militant Zionists around to equate criticism of Israel to prejudice against Jews.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a terrible film. I don't know what people see in it. The strings in combat scenes were so obvious. The plot was dull and paper thin. People, ye have been hoodwinked. It was mediocre at best.

Frokane

Sep 28, 2011
dark chocolate is disgusting, even old people dont like it.

the religious debates go beyond logic.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
Joseph Harrison said:
Well I believe I have a few unpopular opinions but I guess i'll say the most unpopular opinion you can have on the internet.

I. Believe. in. God.

And also the secondary point to this startling revelation, I hate atheists.

Not all atheists mind you, I have some friends who are atheists and the fact that they don't believe in god is not what upsets me, I believe you can believe I whatever you want. What I hate is the fact that most atheist are pretentious, condescending asshole snobs who think that because they are atheist it makes them far more, intelligent, worldly and just an all around better person because of it. They look down on people who believe in god as one would look down an a dog, believing you have evolved past their level. Again I do not dislike the fact that they are atheists I simply dislike the fact that most atheists share these traits.
You realize that alot of religious folk are exactly as you claim right? There are assholes on both sides and you talking about atheists like that put you on their level. Just saying.

OT: Most of my opinions would just be repeating previously said points like homosexuality, abortions. The works.

EDIT: This isn't too late to be revived is it?