Unskippable: Alone in the Dark

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I actually had high hopes for this game when I downloaded the demo...

...then it asked me to click the right stick to blink, and all was lost...

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
CapnJack said:
DeathQuaker said:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)
Dude, you can't give people geek points for something that easy - you're talking about the best time travel episode of a popular British sci-fi. Everyone should know that's episode 10, season 3 ("Blink") of the reimagined Doctor Who series, and it's written by Steven Moffat, who will be taking the helm next year. Even if you don't watch Doctor Who, you should go out and watch Blink. Like, right now.

Coincidentally, the episode directly after Blink features Derek Jacobi, who was mentioned in this week's Unskippable.
I saw Blink and was afraid of mannequins and statues for the rest of that day. This is a great video! I never wanted to play it and now I have an even better reason not to. Great job guys!

AlexTaldren

Aug 7, 2007
I liked this one more than most. Although, it seems like the videos have been getting too chatty. Not every single shot needs to have commentary to go with it. I prefer subtle and in moderation.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
DeathQuaker said:
Wow, on the other hand, you could be totally immune to the Weeping Angels' attack by just never pressing the button.

(You win geek points if you have any clue as to what I'm talking about.)
i know i will be mocked in geek culture forever if i am wrong, but are you talking about those stone angels from doctor who?

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
"Come towards the light... take your time... no rush..."
"OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT HIDEOUS THING COMING TOW-- it's a mirror"

Awesome episode... As always :)

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
whaleswiththumbs said:
mspencer82 said:
Great video. I just started watching this series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

whaleswiththumbs said:
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

how did he get from a broken bathroom, to the top of an elevator?
Yes, there is a future use for the blink button. You can switch between first and third person view, and while in first person view certain monsters spit slime at you. Only way to clear your vision is to blink. There's also plot-related parts where you have to close your eyes to solve certain puzzles.

As for the bathroom to the elevator thing, after the mirror scene you're given full control (no more blinking), the elevator is a later cutscene.
Oh alright, that is still alittle unnecessary for them to think of blinking out slime, they could have worked on their cutscenes more.
The blink button also enables you to close your eyes whilst driving, and who doesn't want to do that?

Crais

May 27, 2008
Oh god... that game looks awful. I'm so glad that I never played it and that I never will... a blink button... no...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked how the blick button wasn't needed after that chapter, except for goo clearing and that weird x-ray vision shit.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
jedstopher said:
whaleswiththumbs said:
mspencer82 said:
Great video. I just started watching this series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it.

whaleswiththumbs said:
Is there a future use for the blink button? or does this game just want me to think I got eye surgery so they had to dilate them?..

how did he get from a broken bathroom, to the top of an elevator?
Yes, there is a future use for the blink button. You can switch between first and third person view, and while in first person view certain monsters spit slime at you. Only way to clear your vision is to blink. There's also plot-related parts where you have to close your eyes to solve certain puzzles.

As for the bathroom to the elevator thing, after the mirror scene you're given full control (no more blinking), the elevator is a later cutscene.
Oh alright, that is still alittle unnecessary for them to think of blinking out slime, they could have worked on their cutscenes more.
The blink button also enables you to close your eyes whilst driving, and who doesn't want to do that?
I would like to remove my comment on it being useless.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
"I remember I had to look around."

LOL, great reference to yourselves, I always try to catch those. Thats from the darkness, isn't it? Anyway, great episode.

The "legend consisting of you going" Ow ow, oh no, no!" was hilarious, lol. And the blink button is the Xbox's torture for keeping Dead Rising from us PS owners. :p

SteampunkWench

Apr 2, 2008
Awesome video, as usual. The MST3K of the videogames!

... I dare not ask which button is for the bowel movements

ek599

May 27, 2009
Ah, you gotta love the games and the pointless controls now. Why would there be a blinking button? I'm guessing they didn't have a control for one of the buttons so they freaked out and put it in just to smite gamers.