Unskippable: Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Part One

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Where else would he be, if not in the Animus? He's on a tiny island with rocks floating off in the distance and objects and people digitizing in and out. Maybe the matrix? But that's one hell of a crossover story.

The Gentleman said:
It's not entirely clear she's dead. You have a good ten minutes to bleed out from the abdomen (baring an artery nick) before you dies from blood loss.

Plus, she was definitely the default romantic interest of the game. Development means nothing in this world...
Well, if she's not dead, the funeral they discuss in AC:R is gonna be a *****, man. Of course, that whole "no, it's not the girl next to you" bit at the end of Brotherhood, shortly before the bit with the stabbing didn't leave much room for her to be around and helping.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
TheBobmus said:
I'm much more of a fan of white hoodie Desmond.
When he woke up in the van at the end still wearing the black one I remember being pretty pissed.
The black version seems like a needlessly cliché mourning nod to Lucy.
I remember quite clearly that he was in a white hoodie at the end. He's only in black because Animus. The real body was in a white hoodie.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
newdarkcloud said:
TheBobmus said:
I'm much more of a fan of white hoodie Desmond.
When he woke up in the van at the end still wearing the black one I remember being pretty pissed.
The black version seems like a needlessly cliché mourning nod to Lucy.
I remember quite clearly that he was in a white hoodie at the end. He's only in black because Animus. The real body was in a white hoodie.
Indeed he was, I simply misremembered. Thanks for the correction.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
That was John De Lancie? That's neat I suppose. But it would be better if Q popped in and out of the animus with a snap of his fingers.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I never actually played this one or Brotherhood but Yahtzee was right about Desmond looking more and more like Adam Sandler. Also...that walking cutscene towards the end looked really, really bad to me. Wooden and, completely phones in, like one of the conversations from Knights of the Old Republic only you can see both parties instead of one face at a time.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I was considering whether to read the comments or not for fear of spoilers but I guess if I really cared about it I would have finished the game by now. At least this way I get an off chance of reading a pun.

Shoggoth2588 said:
I never actually played this one or Brotherhood but Yahtzee was right about Desmond looking more and more like Adam Sandler. Also...that walking cutscene towards the end looked really, really bad to me. Wooden and, completely phones in, like one of the conversations from Knights of the Old Republic only you can see both parties instead of one face at a time.
That walking part was playable, not a cutscene.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
mexicola said:
I was considering whether to read the comments or not for fear of spoilers but I guess if I really cared about it I would have finished the game by now. At least this way I get an off chance of reading a pun.

Shoggoth2588 said:
That walking part was playable, not a cutscene.
Only sort of. The player starts the walking, but then the game kind of takes over again, with the camera spinning around them.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I have to agree: if the first thing you hear when you wake up is John de Lancie, things aren't looking very favorable, for you anyway.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
I may be one of the few people who haven't yet played any Assassin's Creed game. For a newcomer, even with all the ham-fisted exposition going on, the story makes not a lick of sense. What the heck where the writers of this game smoking?

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Assassins? You mean those people who are hired to kill people for money? They're the good guys? Somehow, I don't buy it.

(Personally, I loved the joke that covered that tangent from the Unskippable for the last game)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, I guess I would be quite sarcastic if I was trapped in a computer. Being sarcastic is all I do in a computer these days.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
When 16 said "basic physics..." I couldn't help but think, "They must be REALLY basic if they don't include gravity..."

I think G&P really missed their chance there.

Off topic: Captcha: Not a captcha? Describe Wallmart with any word? Huh? What's wallmart? I'm not American, stupid captcha...

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
So what are those monoliths supposed to represent in a basic test program anyway... they can't be generic physics objects since gravity doesn't seem to affect some of them properly.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Nah, everything in that place is just the result of the programmers experimenting with the engine.

I kind of want to play some of the Assassin's Creed games, but I don't want to play the first one because of bad things I've heard about the gameplay, and I don't like starting stories in the middle, so I've never been willing to start with any of the later ones.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...Does anyone else but me get a migraine when they try to explain the backstory of Assassin's Creed?

Also, is it just me, or have there been a lot of multiparters recently?