Unskippable: Atelier Rorona

WarCorrespondent

Sep 27, 2010
BAHAHAHA! See, THIS is what Unskippable really needs, more atrocious Anime cutscenes.

Yes, I like my anime, but they rarely translate well into games.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
Wait the wonderful hero of the town who activates this 'machine' that somehow makes peoples lives better get 1 wish, she uses it to open an alchemy workshop then the game opens with 'oh by the way, the King orders you to close your alchemy workshop'. Dick move :mad:

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
dalek sec said:
I'm really hoping she kicks ass at Alchemy cause with those socail skills you'd be canned from just about every job there is.

Good god the writing makes me want to scream, I'm not a writer myself but jeez!

Great episode though, I laughed my ass off during this one.
i usually make excuses for japanese to english dubbing saying its better in japanese but listening to those lines even nonsense spoken in high pitched tones cant make that shit sound good

Dansrage

Nov 9, 2010
This is why JRPGs are dying, in the same amount of time in a WRPG the protagonist would already have killed a hundred mutants, somehow obtained 328 AK47s and beaten a guy to death with his own arm.
God i hate all this moe shit.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
Mmmm, Liam O'brien, no doubt about that! Excellent episode.

I've rather enjoyed the Atelier Iris games, they're fun with campy voice acting and usually have very good soundtracks.

Atelier Iris 1's story however is basically some important exposition at the start, then we bake cakes for 20 hours (in the name of alchemy, ALCHEMY!) before actually going after the villain!

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
This cutscene was such a trite and despicable pile of turd...

I'm so glad you were talking over it, it made it worthwhile.
I LOVE THEE, UNSKIPPABLE!

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
So I played the Game-O Intro Bingo and these are my results

1. Set in Fictional Country.
2. Voiceover
3. Character repeating last phrase spoken to them.
4. Decades of history compressed into tedious voiceover recap.
5. Subtitles same as the dialogue.
6. 5+ made-up names
No Bingo
Escapist user Jea created these bingo cards.

They're here and in the Front Mission 2 Unskippable comments section if you want to play while watching Unskippable.

This game feels alot like Legaia 2.

non_entity

Jan 26, 2008
Oh god what a crappy game. The story, the characters, jesus... Yeah, it might get better later but I seriously doubt that if that's the way it starts off.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahahaha the scooby doo reference came right as i was eating something...caused me to spit it out >.<

also i know how that guy feels. trying to be less incredibly gorgeous is very difficult indeed. makes it especially difficult for the ladies nearby to speak clearly lolll

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
omg omg omg finally you guys are doing better, sorry but like i have said before, you havent really been as good like your old ones that are very old by now, but this one was great i really mean that, i was laughing non stop loved every minute of it, please keep it up lol