Unskippable: Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War

TBman

Oct 31, 2008
Yankeedoodles said:
Really? I almost feel morally obligated to buy some to support Escapist content. But I just don't like jerky.
I'm just tired of watching the same ad for the 500th time. They should mix it up.

Megido

Aug 24, 2008
The moment you saw a female in full plate armor on the battlefield, leading the charge, and fending off multiple enemies any question of historical accuracy should have been instantly answered, gentlemen.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well this games seems interesting. I always wondered what it would be like to fight in the Hundred Years war as a merthenary.
And was anyone else immpressed by the amazing dodge that the entire unit of calvary managed to make against a storm of arrows? It was around 1:12.
Traun said:
The Great JT said:
How did you get through that without making a joke about the french being cheese-eating surrender monkeys? Oh right, back then (up until the second time they exiled Napoleon), the french were badass.
They still are...and France was outright awesome during WW2.
Well I wouldn't say the were outright awesome in WW2. They weren't as bad as everyone else makes them out to be, but that wasn't exactly a shining moment in French military history.

But yeah the French aren't really the wusses that everyone thinks they are. Even in WW1 they did alot of the fighting on the Western Front.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Irony said:
Well this games seems interesting. I always wondered what it would be like to fight in the Hundred Years war as a merthenary.
And was anyone else immpressed by the amazing dodge that the entire unit of calvary managed to make against a storm of arrows? It was around 1:12.
Traun said:
The Great JT said:
How did you get through that without making a joke about the french being cheese-eating surrender monkeys? Oh right, back then (up until the second time they exiled Napoleon), the french were badass.
They still are...and France was outright awesome during WW2.
Well I wouldn't say the were outright awesome in WW2. They weren't as bad as everyone else makes them out to be, but that wasn't exactly a shining moment in French military history.

But yeah the French aren't really the wusses that everyone thinks they are. Even in WW1 they did alot of the fighting on the Western Front.
To add some historical facts to this topic,
allow me to add these vids.

about the 2nd Division Blindée:

+ 1500 years of wars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcYAbtJcKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNN68H4e8mU

(and some people still dare to call frenchmen cowards?)

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I remember when I downloaded the demo for this game from the japanese network...

That eye-patch guy sounds SO MUCH more awesome in japanese...

He also sounds very japanese, with that rough, near yelling tone you hear when you see samurai speaking. It made me laugh to hear that in a 100 years war game.

Then I proceeded to have no idea how to play the game.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
My first thought was "what is this shit?" and while I'm open to the possibility that its a cool game.. daaaaamn that opening was bad.

Also.. no armor on the thighs? Where that big-ass artery is? Not a good choice..

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
heh cool.

but, btw. can you please tell that giant, bright, annoying, irremovable 'share' icon to F*** OFF!?

I hate 'viral marketing' I HATE 'web 2.0' and I HATE ICONS COVERING MY DAMN VIDEOS!

I LIKE the sense of satisfaction I get from showing a friend something cool on the internet!!! I DON'T NEED A DAMN ICON TO HELP ME DO IT!!

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I would rather feed the Escapist crews and their children than give up watching those ads.

My favorite parts were the helmet made of aluminum, the butterfly cam, and the Castillian barkeep. The accent was ok but the voice actor really phoned it in there. I missed out yesterday so Happy belated Thanksgiving Day Canada!

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Redlin5 said:
[HEADING=2]"Butterfly Cam!"[/HEADING]

The whole thing about the map...

This is now my favorite Unskippable episode.
I loved the *ah-ahem* "BUTTERFLY CAM!"

Just Craig

May 21, 2010
What, a map-burning scene and no "Bonanza" riff?
[small]...Oh...
...Wait...[/small]
Yeah, nevermind. Apparently, I'm old.
I'll just go yell at kids to get off my lawn now...

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha, I played the demo to this game and it actually was kind of fun. I wanted to get the full game but it was no where to be found, apparently. I loved the bit about the speech impediment. Definitely made me LOL :D