Unskippable: Borderlands

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
therandombear said:
hehe "this is a knife" nice Dundee reference. Great episode^^
shame it wasn't a spoon... that woulda been awesome

OT: I didn't laugh as much as I usually do, maybe it was just a hard to work with intro >.>

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Awesome episode. There wasn't any super special comment form you 2, but it was still an awesome all-arounder.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Great video, as always. I was thinking many of the same things: this intro is long, boring, and unskippable; the robot isn't funny, but rather annoying; and the world looks an awful lot like Fallout 3.

Still, great game, and great video. I only wish you had continued the cutscene with the terrible intro that the Claptrap goes through. He doesn't shut up!

"There's a box over here that you might want to open." "You should really open this box." "Hurry up and open this box." Seriously! I've barely had enough time to pick up the loot and you've told me about the box 10 times. Why can't I shoot you?!

Stormshadow243

Dec 18, 2007
This one was one of the better ones in a little while. The skag part was funny and so was the Roman gag. Nice work. Brutal Legend next week maybe?

K.

Nov 4, 2009
I like the show.

But, please guys, give me subtitles or increase the volume on the videos.
I had problems understanding most of the dialogue in this one.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Stormshadow243 said:
This one was one of the better ones in a little while. The skag part was funny and so was the Roman gag. Nice work. Brutal Legend next week maybe?
If this video has proved nothing else, it's that Unskippable is far funnier when the opening scene is awful. Brutal Legend has a great opening scene, so it would be shit.

Hope they stick to JRPGs, they're usually a goldmine! :D

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
"It's not Fallout, it's not Fallout" ...it's Fallout. Or rather a knock-off of Fallout. Although Fallout didn't Venus Fly-dogs. Still this game may be worth giving a try.
Good show.
I couldn't agree more.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
"Named for his usefulness on a construction site, not as a worker but as a material."

freysev

Mar 7, 2009
lol @ the roman joke
borderland kicks ass, i'm on my first playthrough, lvl 26 hunter.. also got a lvl 17 siren and lvl 17 solider, in case a friend comes over and wants to play..
love the godzilla(skagzilla) and mothra(mothrakk) references!

fisk0

Aug 19, 2009
great episode. not your best, but still hilarious.
and I love the game too, got the PC version just today.

I also find it funny that you didn't catch the opportunity to reference desert bus.

shotfun9

Jun 19, 2008
Did anyone else think that the Russian bus driver/weapons dealer in Borderlands was just a little too similar to the Russian weapons dealer in S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl? Large, square headed Russian man with a beard who is the first person you talk to? Am I alone on this?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, congrats go to Graham and Paul for turning a terrible pre-game cinematic into comedic gold. I mean, this opening was pure SHIT !

And way to reference that shitty Mad Max movie. Beyond Thunderdome was just as terrible as this opening. Heh heh, stupid Blaster.