Unskippable: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Lol, I hope that silver plated gun at least proved useful at some point in the game. Great commentary ^~^!

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
It was funny, but kind of unfair to the game itself, I mean yes they were in Eindhoven, but one of their team was lost inside the city, he shouted stand in the door because that's the procedure and your not really allowed to skip it, they all look the same because they are all white males between the ages of 16-35 wearing the same clothes and he sits down instead of going on because he is suffering from ptsd, which is one of the things I like about this game, the PC is not some all knowing elite supersoldier, but someone with very real limitations.

All of the events in the jumps are explained either in this game or the previous two. It would probably be better to think of this as a mid game cutscene rather than an intro.

Oh and the goggles on the helmet, how the hell did I not see that when I was playiing the game?!

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
That was difficult to understand what was happening in the show. Thankfully, when the game first came out, I was tempted to try it out. However, after seeing these cutscenes, I can gladly say that I saved myself a few bucks.

Also, when they showed us the kid and the pistol, I was reminded of Starcraft 2's easter egg "iPistol". (And did that pistol really say the title of the game engraved into it? That's just... weird)

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
Burail Detail... damn that's morbid.

Then, again, I thought the same thing in the movie Red Dawn when the chick with the nose let herself get caught by the Russians while lying on a grenade.

Amerikanski For The Win!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Blue-State said:
Antidamacus said:
Swing and a miss
What were they swinging AT?
Also, Graham and Paul might want to watch Band of Brothers sometime: Market Garden WAS pretty brutal. Thanks a bunch Montgomery!
Which was about Nijmegen/Arnhem and not Eindhoven. Completely different battle.

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
That was so confusing XD wth was happening when and where?

Lol'd at the 'My eyes are burning' 'Maybe you should put on the GOGGLES that are on your helmet!'

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
Funny episode. It's also weird seeing what looks like a good game here. I mean, the cutscene itself is a confused mess, but not many shooters go into flashbacks of family history for the protagonists. So, is this like a famous series? 'Cause I've never heard of it.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Great ep, except for the pronunciation of Eindhoven. Good effort though;)

Also, I strongly advise against shooting smoke. Just don't, okay...

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
J234 said:
It's interesting that on the inverse, the Russians have no problem making games about defeats in war. There was a Russian RTS/3PS hybrid a while back that focused pre-Stalingrad WWII. I made a mental note to track that game down about two years ago, and have since forgotten the title. (Apologies if this is a little rambling.)
That wouldn't be Men of War you're thinking of, would it? That game did have a pretty cool campaign, if the voice acting was pretty ridiculous at times...(Russians sounding more French sometimes than Russian..)
...maybe. I'm genuinely not sure, and I kind of suspect it was Faces of War, another game by the same developer, but... that could be it.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
hawk533 said:
What the hell was going on in that cutscene? I saw someone ready to jump out of a plane, about 4 people dying and someone finding a silver gun and I still don't know anyone's name. That was weird.
they used cutscenes from all over the game not just one spot this time

ot: overall (maybe its just because i liked this game) i thought the cutscenes werent bad, thus eliminating the point of making fun of them, and also i didnt like the fact you guys used like 10 of them just all over the place

PEOPLE THIS WASNT 1 CUTSCENE IT WAS MANY PUT TOGETHER

they should have said that at the end...

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
I have no idea what was going on in that cutscene. I mean seriously, it jumped around and were those D&D numbers outside the locations/dates? I mean I swear a saw a +5 in there. What does that even mean?! But lol great episode, I agree that I don't know who any of those people were.

Oh, and I have to ask because it's three pages and I'm late for work. Did ya'll go back in time to the 1920's and then broadcast your commentary on a radio? I thought at first that it was done that way on purpose or something. Then as it went on I wasn't sure that Graham wasn't just yelling at the microphone from really far away.