Unskippable: Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
This video isn't working for me, it just gives me a black screen every time it opens the march mayhem ad.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Aardvaarkman said:
This game doesn't really exist, does it?

My theory is that Paul and Graham personally developed an opening sequence to a fake game, just so they could parody it.
To be fair, I think that about most of the games that they parody.

Purplecoyote said:
That woman's voice sounds really familiar, I just can't put my finger on who she sounds like.
She does sound semi-famous doesn't she? But, I can't quite place it either.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
So it's The Grey: the game except without Liam Neeson and everything else that movie cool, also it has a woman?

Edit: Darn you poster above me who already made that reference and did a better job with it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
will you stop showing me these delightfully tacky games...

it just makes me want to buy them!

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
This is a game from this era? Jesus, that was the most terrible lightning I've ever seen.

Also, I like how the game has you crash the plane into an invisible wall. I guess you guys are just too good at controlling crashing planes.

But seriously? That chick is annoying. That entire conversation was like

"The plane is crashing."
"Is that bad?"

Also, I loved the line about him tripping over literally the only thing there is to trip on in 50 miles. Aaaaaah Graham, your sarcasm never fails to amuse me.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
ritchards said:
Why is every go-to riff for dogs/wolves 'snausages'? (which I can't spell)
Don't worry, you spelled it right. Anyway, I think the reason is, canines see Snausages as cocaine cut with meth.

And Graham, Paul,... uh, congrats on your fourth trophy?

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Purplecoyote said:
That woman's voice sounds really familiar, I just can't put my finger on who she sounds like.
I think it's Laura Bailey [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bailey_(voice_actress)].

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
My favorite part is "Look out, it's the wolves from earlier, they're Hungry Like Themselves!" XD

and horray for the return of "And that was the th time I died" gag. ^^

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
Endocrom said:
Purplecoyote said:
I think it's Laura Bailey [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bailey_(voice_actress)].
Aha, indeed! After firing up Saints Row The Third it's totally clear now. Thanks for that.

DeadDodo

Undead King of the Dodos
Apr 2, 2010
Purplecoyote said:
Endocrom said:
Purplecoyote said:
Aha, indeed! After firing up Saints Row The Third it's totally clear now. Thanks for that.
My first reaction when she shouted "will anybody help me" was: "is that liara from ME", she sounded just like liara did when begging for help.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Okay that was insanely hilarious. For the most part, even with the crazy half-assed story, it seems like it could happen in real life.......until you get to the points where you have to fight the bear.

I mean really, the bear breaks off a whole section of tree and starts swinging it at you???

Then it shows us that the bear is apparently nature's king of parkour that can easily escape exploding and falling debris, while jumping on roof tops and shit, I mean, that bear was pulling of Assassin's Creed type moves.

After Assassin's Creed 3, the next game will take place in Alaska and that bear will be the assassin character.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Hooray for another "nth time I died" moment. Sadly, since Dark Void seems to have been ret-conned out of existence and Fallout: New Vegas is the new 7, I guess this then is the new 8 and things will just continue to be incrimental going forward.