Unskippable: Cursed Crusade

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Cursed Crusade

Is it just the crusade that cursed? Because this game seems kind of cursed too.

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
You guys are lucky that the intro is the shortest thing in this game, it's got the same gameplay to cinematic ratio as the Metal Gear Solid series. The devs got their hands on a mocap studio and just went nuts with it, sort of like Quantic Dream did with Fahrenheit, but with less insanity.
I found the gameplay to be potentially good, but it wasn't.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
If you play the cursed crusade, it is a foregone conclusion that game play wise...

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked
no, that was just bad. Go back to internet kindergarten and learn how to use memes properly.

This game was looking very bland and generic, then sudden WTF out of nowhere. So now the templars work for God AND Hell?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think you're losing your touch guys, or maybe you just need to choose better cutscenes. I still think your best episodes were the Dirge of Cerberus episode and maybe The Bouncer.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
So...is the "cursed" bit of the title actually relevant to the plot? Otherwise it would seem like a rather dull hacky-slashy thing set in a moderately original setting.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Those guys obviously never learned that someone that old, posessing an eyepatch and yet still alive on the battlefield is more than likely a badass.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'm one of 8 people worldwide who actually enjoyed this game, Its massively flawed but its great for coach co-op, makes a better rental that a purchase though.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I want to see more just to see what the hell that sudden burst of flame was... Though since the game is clearly such a tease with gameplay in its cutscenes i'm afraid we won't actually get to try ut the blessings og Hell until the last minutes of the game >_>

"Our bromance shall conquer all" That line is added to my list of Things i want to quote really bad.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Buretsu said:
Am I the only one thinking the best part of the actual cutscene was the voice of Kirk Thornton as Jean?
Well, I believe there was no "best" part so I kind of agree I guess.

And seriously, the end of the cutscene...was that like a budget thing?

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
orangeapples said:
DVS BSTrD said:
If you play the cursed crusade, it is a foregone conclusion that game play wise...

*puts on sunglasses*

...you're fucked
no, that was just bad. Go back to internet kindergarten and learn how to use memes properly.

This game was looking very bland and generic, then sudden WTF out of nowhere. So now the templars work for God AND Hell?
Yeah I think he tried to incorporate pony humor with CSI and failed miserably.

Also what's up with that shield at the end? Looked like something from Lord of the Rings.

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
So I wasn't the only one anticipating gameplay from those bits. It's like they were deliberately teasing us with those pauses.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I liked the way the sparks were always like, two seconds late for each blow. Looked more like pixies showing up to cheer you.

Zyxzy said:
So I wasn't the only one anticipating gameplay from those bits. It's like they were deliberately teasing us with those pauses.
"Haha! We will subvert your expectations for our pleasure! Wait, where are you going?"

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I liked the way the sparks were always like, two seconds late for each blow.
Loved this too!

Zachary Amaranth said:
Looked more like pixies showing up to cheer you.
Now that's a game I'd play!

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Is this a Japanese game? I don't think I've ever even heard of this game but my gut is telling me with some level of certainty that it is japanese. Why is that?