Unskippable: Damnation

Elminsters Hat

Sep 3, 2008
I could not stop looking at the lady character and her pouting lips. Hrrrrrrrm. (It's not pouting, but I don't know the proper word for it either, so pouting will do)

Merteg

May 9, 2009
LeeshaJoy said:
I don't get the "why do you think the Union wore blue" joke. Anybody care to fill me in?
I didn't get it either.

That aside, awesome episode.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
This series is getting better. I'll admit I wasn't a fan at first but now this is one of my favorite shows on the escapist. Nice one.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wow and now we know all about the Civil war. Man none of that was in my Text book.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Merteg said:
LeeshaJoy said:
I don't get the "why do you think the Union wore blue" joke. Anybody care to fill me in?
I didn't get it either.

I believe the joke wasn't supposed to make sense. It was just supposed to be a stupid answer, a completely untrue and stupid answer, which was the humor. It is why I laughed. *shrugged*

And for the record, I supposed I might have to check off become retarded on my to do list as I am mildly intrigued by the idea of faux history games. This game does seem to be crap though, too bad. Oh well... *puts pants on head*

vortexgods

Apr 24, 2008
Steampunk: Ok, here's the thing, Steampunk isn't ordinarily correctly used. The basic premise is that technology could have gone another way. Now, if the premise is, "People could have stuck with steampowered technology, because there was a lot of untapped potential there," then you have steampunk. (There is also clockpunk, in which steampower is replaced by clockworks.)

Nowadays, it's normally used to describe any kind of alternate path technology that looks cool and old-timey but can do the same stuff as advanced science fiction type stuff. Not technically correct, in other words. Incidentally, Kaja Foglio coined the term Gaslamp Fantasy to refer to Fantasy which is set in a steampunk world to differentiate it from steampunk style science fiction... but everyone but her and her husband (and a few pendantic nerds) still call everything steampunk.

For a real life example consider air travel. There were two ways air travel could have gone, heavier than air (airplanes, helicopters) or lighter than air (zepplins, baloons). By the 30's lighter than air "airships" had gotten to be pretty advanced. However, airships make terrible warships (note the commentary in the unskippable on how easy it is to bring down an airship) so during WWII heavier than air planes became the advanced technology. Also, the big airship country eventually got totally stomped in the war.

So, now planes, which waste tons of fuel getting hither and yon because they use it for lift as well as thrust are the main mode of international human transit, and airships are mostly seen in... steampunk.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Merteg said:
LeeshaJoy said:
I didn't get it either.

I believe the joke wasn't supposed to make sense. It was just supposed to be a stupid answer, a completely untrue and stupid answer, which was the humor. It is why I laughed. *shrugged*
That's it right there, actually.
It's like saying "The Union wore blue because koala bears exist" or "...because Zimbabwe has a flag"
It isn't supposed to make sense, so don't worry about it to much.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
GrahamS said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Merteg said:
LeeshaJoy said:
I didn't get it either.

That's it right there, actually.
It's like saying "The Union wore blue because koala bears exist" or "...because Zimbabwe has a flag"
It isn't supposed to make sense, so don't worry about it to much.
wot about the fact that hydralics use colored fluid?
...and whats wrong with zimbabwe having a flag?!?!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Now I want to see Zombie General Mecha Grant and Mecha Lincoln too. God what an awful looking game though.