Unskippable: Deadly Premonition: Part 1

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Mydnyght said:
I can only wonder what the second part of Deadly Premonition will be like... can't be any worse than the pre-title stuff, right?
Does it need to be worse? I'd say that a continuation of quality would be bad enough...

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
Orange Monkey said:
Good video guys

Note: Did anyone else notice the Garden Of Eden symbolism? The woman, the snake, the tree, the children symblosing the loss of innocence.
Or is it just the crazed conspiracy freak in me?
Nope, you weren't the only one, but in all fairness I had to read Paradise Lost for todays college lecture... So my senses are a bit too alert for these kind of symbols.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Agent L. Bugg. Tactical Espionage, flight pilot, and looks good in red.

Her mission... Track down Interpol suspect, H. Bea. Known affiliation: Hive, Inc. Last seen at The Hornet's Nest Nightclub.

Puns are fun! :D

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
It's uncanny valley tastic.
You're not kidding.....I could deal with the lack of facial expressions...if the crying weren't so damn cheesy.

Great video, guys! too many things I liked to name one!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, that was certainly an odd one...no idea what's going on there lol.

It's like resonance of fate all over again!

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
That cut-scene is... weiiiird...
[sub]I'm scared...[/sub]

Also one of the best unskippables IMO :)

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
It's uncanny valley tastic.
Is it? I wouldn't say it even reaches the Uncanny Valley area...

It was probably the worst cutscene done on Unskippable... And we had you guys' comments to pass the time, can't imagine how bored I'd be if I was playing this.

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
This show really shines when you use bad material. This was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Awesome.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
This reminded me of that god-awful game "The Siren", the story "feels" the same in this being that it's needlessly convoluted and extremely dull. I think I'm safe in saying that this is one game I won't be forking out for until it suddenly becomes a cult classic (which could happen.)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Jeez that was brutal, sucks you guys have to do round two of this thing...

The music was completely out of place during this whole cut scene and like Graham and Paul asked, why was the police officer also the bar keep? Is the town really that small?

mysterj

Mar 27, 2009
k-ossuburb said:
This reminded me of that god-awful game "The Siren", the story "feels" the same in this being that it's needlessly convoluted and extremely dull. I think I'm safe in saying that this is one game I won't be forking out for until it suddenly becomes a cult classic (which could happen.)
It IS a cult classic on the 360, is like 20 bucks in US, I didn't play it but I watched all the cut scenes.

Tayrtahn

Feb 24, 2008
That's right kids, it's a 360 game (and PS3 in Japan). I believe it was originally being developed for the PS2, but it took too long to make. On the bright side, it was only $20 at initial release.

My friend owns this game, and I played it for a while. It's definitely interesting. There are so many things about it that scream "this is how NOT to make a game", but there are also some genuinely interesting aspects of the story. There's something satisfying about working through the game's oddities too. If you play this game, I strongly suggest playing it with a friend (pass-the-controller or such). There's so much to laugh at that you'll want someone else around to experience it with you.

Notable things I remember: the protagonist an imaginary friend and work partner. Coffee provides visions of the future (something about a hamburger too). Highly inappropriate saxophone jams. Freaky angel children in rose petal world. Gloriously confusing and busy menu screen. Very long breakfast table.

I actually missed this cutscene when I played it. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode - can't wait to see what you guys can do with those scenes!

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"The SWERY keyboard, which has the F U C K keys all next to each other so you can hit them with one hand."

Yup, that's the one I play Team Fortress 2 with. Some times when I'm on the forums I type FGHJ out of habit.

Off-topic, you ever notice that the last half of the middle row of the keyboard is the most boring part? Except for missing I it's got everything in the usual order. Never mind, really funny show guys. The next episode is gonna be torture, I can tell already.