Unskippable: Driver: San Francisco

The Random One

May 29, 2008
"You are a disgrace to the Dodge Challenger!" Quote of the week.

I think your idea of a prisoner trying to hide an elephant would make for a great sitcom.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I know this is probably not a revelation, but I liked how the license plate on the armoured vehicle spelled out the name of the game.

Thamous

Sep 23, 2008
mb16 said:
i know im being that guy, but really...

an RPG has a dangerous backblast area of ~15-20 m. At best it would have only thrown the helicopter off course.
That and I don't know of a single acid on earth that could eat through handcuffs in .5 seconds.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
The line about Protagonist Man makes me think of the Yugi-Oh BBT Abridged movie.

Holy crap! Did this game even have writers? The news reporter uses an RPG to shot the police cars? The cops that gave him the acid,try to fight him? And what kind of acid is that that it can't burn through the little "pill" that he can bite through, but it burns through steel chains in seconds?

I loved the elephant lines. Actually, I loved all the lines.

Good luck on Desert Bus!

Altar

Apr 6, 2009
How did he get in the drivers seat? Isn't the back and front of prison vans/trucks separate?

Anyways, An elephant would be pretty useful in prison. Personal bodyguard.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Am I the only one who realized the EXTREMELY high quality of the graphics? It's... It's nice! I don't know how the game plays, but the people look like real people. Not that news reporter lady, she seems like she just got her ass pulled out of the uncanny valley too soon, but everyone else had really good picture quality of their faces.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Thamous said:
mb16 said:
i know im being that guy, but really...

an RPG has a dangerous backblast area of ~15-20 m. At best it would have only thrown the helicopter off course.
That and I don't know of a single acid on earth that could eat through handcuffs in .5 seconds.
Altar said:
How did he get in the drivers seat? Isn't the back and front of prison vans/trucks separate?
These quotes pretty much define my reactions this video.

How did that acid eat through the handcuffs that fast? (and, really, why not give the key instead?)
How did that helicopter not explode?
And how did he get from the back of the truck to the drivers seat?

Also, why did that camera man not scream? (and why was the woman on the helicopter)

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Really? You're kidding, right?

PEANUT BUTTER to smuggle an RPG into an elephant? NO WAY! The RPG will get all sticky and stuff!

No. I recommend WOW-BUTTER[sup]TM[/sup].
(And no, I don't mean the soy-based peanut butter substitute. ^_-)

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
Smuggling elephants in things and things in elephants is all well and good, but the part about drug trafficking mob boss faces is so weird.

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
The other option to the cake is to keister it...
they'd never notice!
you might be walking a little funny though...

kinapuffar

Nov 26, 2010
I liked how the woman in the helicopter didn't die from the backblast when she fired the RPG-7.
All that's missing is a bloody screen and this game is SO REAL.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
There are so many things wrong with the animation of the driving scene it's not even funny // Ok it is funny cos it's so bad // Also, I agree with Paul, we did not seem to see his face in such a close up // I mean yes the normal map is very well done but you don't have to shove it in out faces like that

-M

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I was sitting there waiting for an "Elephant in the room" joke for the entire thing. Come on guys!

God of Path

God of Path
Jul 6, 2011
at 4:52 to around 4:55, the dodge challenger (1970) passes as Ford GT (2011 Supercar, red w/ the white stripe). Not a bad laugh.

CyborgGinger

Apr 1, 2011
3 days later and I'm still laughing over:

"OK, I've indulged you."
"I appreciate it, my partners don't usually give me hand-whammies in the car."