Nov 13, 2008
Dynasty Warriors 8

Did that horse just do a barrel roll?

Watch Video

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Ugh. What a groaner at the end there.

Funny video though. The bit with the horse was hilarious. :)

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
"200, Stream not found." Is anyone else getting this?
Looking into this now, the video was playing just fine a few minutes ago. Please stand by and thank you for your patience!

Update: Should be playing fine now!

Jan 12, 2012
Working fine now for me. Thanks, WMDogma!

OT: Step aside, Agro; there's a new horse that's claimed the hearts of gamers everywhere. Also, I hope you guys do more of these, because Dynasty Warriors is full of enough ridiculousness to fuel a dozen episodes.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
This series needs more Lu Bu.

And more barrel rolling horses.

Maybe Lu Bu doing barrel rolls while on horseback...?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
That wasn't a camera gimble, that was a camera strapped to the horse from the beginning.

And this is what happens when you let Michael Bay direct a movie about diplomacy in Feudal China. >.>
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

Lu Bu doing a barrel roll while his horse barrel rolls?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I think we are talking millions relocated for those busts, not thousands. At least if the amount of soldiers you fight is anything to go by.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
That was great. My favorite unskippable in awhile. I hope its also a candidate for future lets play's:)

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:

That wouldn't be too out of place for the Dynasty Warriors franchise.

Off topic: Rather interesting Grandia 1 avi you've got there, Cap'n! Don't remember ever seeing those characters do that, though...but then my copy of the game tended to crash after I played for too long.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
I always wonederd why the foot soldiers even try in these koei games if the shiny characters can kill 200 of them by sneezing. and if they can do that why would a small group of foot soldiers even give them pause, let alone make them runaway, epesially if you mount a backfliping horse.

there is a such thing as being too powerfull

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
How do you know Dong Zhuo is a myth and not an actual historical figure?
He was...

*puts on sunglasses*

<a href=http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI>...Busted
*Ties you up and drops you in the Everglades starving alligator sanctuary covered in chum*

We really need to get rid of that meme...

OT: Clearly, the generals/feudal lords these guys are fighting were schooled at the Zapp Brannigan School of Strategy...

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Jimothy Sterling said:
My jam, son!
Hah! And I was wondering if you were going to make an appearance. This being your favorite game series OF ALL TIME!

One of the guys here just doesn't understand the draw of killing dozens of people with one blow..

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
My brother really likes the strategy games made from the Feudal China/Romance of the Three Kingdoms era, but not Dyntasy Warriors. I must ask him some time whether it it's the Dragon Ball Z-level power of everyone with a name that turns him off. Why build and provision a massive army of thousands of faceless soldiers when your opponents can wipe them out so easily? Talk about inflating the legend of your wartime heroes, eh Ninja-Mecha-Lincoln?

That must be the horse's secret- they gave him a name. An awesome, hard-to-pronounce Chinese name! And they built a bust in his honour, a mighty statue towering over Gao Nu!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I never knew that ancient China had such bitchin' guitar music. And whilst I can excuse the horse doing flips and stuff I just can't agree with that guy shooting three arrows at once whilst the arrows aren't touching the bow, then managing to hit three running targets one of which was behind someone else. That's just implausible.

Apr 28, 2008
I don't care what anyone says. I love Dynasty Warriors. It's just so deliciously campy and ridiculous.