Unskippable: E3 Trailers 2014 - All Aboard The Hype Train!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
E3 Trailers 2014 - All Aboard The Hype Train!

E3 pulled out all the stops this year, to give us the best game (trailers) ever!

Watch Video

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Eh. I'll take lots of Jungle over lots of Gray. Apparently some of the game studios were listening to people who complained about the depressing lack of color in a lot of titles last generation.

Jan 12, 2012
One large cage might be more efficient, but you don't want them getting up to any shenanigans.

Also, Scalebound looks like it could be fun, but I hope the main character isn't as much of an insufferable prick as the trailer makes him out to be.

KaZuYa

Mar 23, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
One large cage might be more efficient, but you don't want them getting up to any shenanigans.

Also, Scalebound looks like it could be fun, but I hope the main character isn't as much of an insufferable prick as the trailer makes him out to be.
He's a teenage white male protagonist, of course he's going to be an insufferable prick

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Switching out grey and brown for green and brown at least there will be contrast.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
KaZuYa said:

He's a teenage white male protagonist, of course he's going to be an insufferable prick
Hey, there are lots of teenage-ish white male protagonists that aren't insufferable pricks.

I mean there's Link!

Okay, well... umm... there's new Dante! New Dante's pretty cool, right?

Hmm... well there's.. I mean... [small]there's gotta be someone...[/small]

Chaz from Phantasy Star 4 maybe?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yep one last time. ...until Uncharted 5 that is then that totally will be the last time. Honest.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Yep one last time. ...until Uncharted 5 that is then that totally will be the last time. Honest.
It's all part of the plan, my friend... all part of the plan...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
E3 Trailers 2014 - All Aboard The Hype Train!
E3 pulled out all the stops this year, to give us the best game (trailers) ever!
More like "E3 pulled out all the stops this year, to give us the best (game) trailers ever!"
Jim Sterling was right about E3 being too much about pre-rendered trailers (again). The sad thing is the underlying problem that we usually know what we're in for with these games, except for new IPs Scalebound (as explained here) and Bloodborne. There's no excuse not to give us something resembling how these games will actually play.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I thought Scalebound was Monster Hunter. Then I thought it was Devil May Cry: Jungle Edition where New Dante bleaches his hair to make the old fans cry some more edition.

Wasn't expecting a new IP.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Wait what... that wasn't a trailer for DMC 2? Are you sure that wasn't DMC 2...

Yeah I'm just gonna call it DMC 2, easier that way.

Keith Fraser

Mar 12, 2012
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the guy in Scalebound looked like Dante from DmC.

Also, apparently the game companies haven't got the message that pre-rendered trailers just look like obfuscation.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Watching younger Lara slam her whole body into that cliff face made MY chest hurt, and I'm a dude! I can't be the only one who misses the older, more confident and fearless Lara Croft, as opposed to the new "emo" version.

At the end of that Scalebound one, you guys should have shouted out "HAIL HYDRA!" That would have been incredibly funny!

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
KaZuYa said:

You know, as a white male, I take great offense to that. You seem to be implying that being young, white, and male makes you a bad person. Though I suppose being racist is okay as long as you didn't say, "He's a teenage black male protagonist, of course he's going to be an insufferable prick."

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
LysanderNemoinis said:
KaZuYa said:

You know, as a white male, I take great offense to that. You seem to be implying that being young, white, and male makes you a bad person. Though I suppose being racist is okay as long as you didn't say, "He's a teenage black male protagonist, of course he's going to be an insufferable prick."
Not sure if you're being sarcastic for the sake of comedy, so I'll assume you weren't.

Person is merely referring to that stereotype. I do wish we'd have a young white male who is confident but not arrogant and is open minded. Isn't that Link?

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
scw55 said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
KaZuYa said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic for the sake of comedy, so I'll assume you weren't.

Person is merely referring to that stereotype. I do wish we'd have a young white male who is confident but not arrogant and is open minded. Isn't that Link?
Indeed, I wasn't being sarcastic. You put it in a much better way, and I absolutely agree with you. My issue was just with the fact that people seem to think saying stuff like that is okay, but if the given race was different, then it would be seen as racist by many of the very same people saying those things. Racism, coded language, and stereotyping is all bad to me, regardless of who the victim is. And setting different standards for different groups of people is only going to divide people and engender animosity between them.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Who knows, but Naughty Dog's track record shows 4 games per IP already, and while a lot of people were hoping for UnKarted to eventually be a thing "A Thief's End" might be an acceptable substitute.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
It happens every year... Gaming media sites go on and on about E3 hype, but they report everything and replay the same BS from the stage.

How about sites stop covering E3? It's just too much hype now. I avoid any trailers that aren't release trailers in the same month