Unskippable: E3 Trailers

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Bahaha Three Dog and the Mutated chicken were highlights.

I like the way you've mixed the format up with trailers instead of full cut-scenes - worked quite well. Almost like UnskippableLite - Fat-free

EDIT - Not that I dislike the longer ones or anything, merely saying it's nice having a new idea

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Huxley looks...so bad!!!!
In Huxley's defence... They all do :)

Also, I THINK the Final Fantasy one had a few snippets of gameplay. i'm sure I saw one bit with a guy fighting a bunch of things with names above their heads.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Chipperz said:
oliveira8 said:

Also, I THINK the Final Fantasy one had a few snippets of gameplay. i'm sure I saw one bit with a guy fighting a bunch of things with names above their heads.
Huxley looked the worst... :/

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Awesome job as usual.

And I agree with that warhammer comment about space marine suits.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Chipperz said:
oliveira8 said:

Ah now you see, that's a completely different statement. They all look awful, but I can see the argument for Huxley being the worst.

In my own opinion, Edge of Twilight looks worse, just because... It showed absolutely nothing. At least I know Huxley will involve Space Marines and Tyranids/the things from Resistance.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
The twili9ght joke, the Jurrasic park theme, and the three dog joke.
Those were the best.
Hucley, and Final fantasy look awful.
Although, if Edge of Twilight seems to be what I thought it was. It could be really good!

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Not great, but a few good laughs. "Her special ability is not dying while wearing half the armor of the other guys" was great, as was the lack of helmets. Lots of witty references too, like "the spice must flow". IMO, the references usually aren't as funny as the biting remarks about the stupid cliches that these games follow (half-naked women, androgenous main character, women that all look like they are 13, etc.).

Oh yeah, and why the hell don't they show some in-game footage? They probably don't even have a game, just a series of cinematic trailers. It's like they are trying to sell stock in Bree-X. "We have a video game, we swear, it's just one more year until we finish development and can show you the final thing. No, you can't see our prototypes."

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Chipperz said:
oliveira8 said:
Chipperz said:
oliveira8 said:

Ah now you see, that's a completely different statement. They all look awful, but I can see the argument for Huxley being the worst.

In my own opinion, Edge of Twilight looks worse, just because... It showed absolutely nothing. At least I know Huxley will involve Space Marines and Tyranids/the things from Resistance.
Better showing nothing than showing a big pile of uninteresting mess.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Huxly....Uh I don't think so. I'd rather play Team Fortress 3 whenever valve decides to make and finish it. I stopped playing FF after 10. I believe Edge of Twilight may be good and might be Steam Punk but we all wont know for sure till a more detailed and gameplay-esque trailer is released to the public.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
The first and the third were great. The turtleneck jokes and the Jurassic Park reference were the best!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
All of those games look so very bad.
But yes, Huxley looks the worst. To me, at least.

More on topic, very good episode! I liked the mix up using trailers this week!
Nothing wrong with something a little different every now and again!

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Sweet.

"I think I blame Warhammer for the Space Marine armour you could lose your head in."

Funny as always, but I don't think it was as funny as the previous ones. Maybe just that they were doing trailers this time instead of intros, but I didn't find any extreme burst out loud parts like I usually find in Unskippable. Still funny none the less:

"We promise, this will actually be the final one this time."

Oh, and as for the games, they all look bad. Huxley and Edge Of Twilight look the worst though. Huxley just looked bad and Edge Of Twilight was just far too vague.