Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Join Graham and Paul as they're dropped into the middle of an epic battle.

Watch Video

KoDOmega

Nov 22, 2009

*checks*

Yep. Whenever you say "that cosplay is impossible", the cosplayers say "challenge accepted [http://worldcosplay.net/character/51926/]".

Bindal

May 14, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
Wow usually the climactic battle happens at the END of the game.
Unless it is the climatic battle at the end of the previous game. In that case, it is totally fine.
Or when 90% of the game is a flashback.

Unfortunally, this is neither. This is Final Fantasy, common sense does not apply.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Was'nt this "climactic battle" a playable DLC add-on for XIII-2 later on?
*only played the main game, no DLC stuff*

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I was looking out for FFXIII-2 (most ridiculous acronym name ever) because I thought the story of FFXIII was pretty good even if it was told in such an atroscious way as to rip all joy from it...

but this isn't looking like it keeps to those standards or improves the weaknesses (except for maybe actually having a proper villain).

And I liked the old character designs (except Vanille and Fang), these look stupid even for an FF

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Wait... This counts as climactic now?

I mean there were a lot of lights and stuff, sure...

But any sense of impact or emotion? They could've replaced every character with differently colored versions of Pac Man and it probably would've felt more meaningful. The final clash between white Pac Man and purple Pac Man!

Or maybe that's just me not getting Final Fantasy games or most Japanese things in general.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
You would think by now S-E would have hired someone to say, "Okay, guys, yes, this is technically English, but it's so purple it glows under a black light."

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Bindal said:
canadamus_prime said:
Unless it is the climatic battle at the end of the previous game. In that case, it is totally fine.
Or when 90% of the game is a flashback.

Unfortunally, this is neither. This is Final Fantasy, common sense does not apply.
Yes... that is true. Certainly that is true of the most current Final Fantasys

Also do you get the feeling that Square Enix is trying to one up themselves?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hagi said:
canadamus_prime said:
Wait... This counts as climactic now?

I mean there were a lot of lights and stuff, sure...

But any sense of impact or emotion? They could've replaced every character with differently colored versions of Pac Man and it probably would've felt more meaningful. The final clash between white Pac Man and purple Pac Man!

Or maybe that's just me not getting Final Fantasy games or most Japanese things in general.
Well it's climactic in the sense that it's an over the top fight scene.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Right - she floats. So she is a witch and must be burned. And she did burn.

I'll go take my coat.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Well, that was certainly.... a sequence of pictures played in rabid succession, creating the illusion of movement.

But I did enjoy the part where purple space Jesus turned into a demon and then smacked the bird-murderer around.
Man, Final Fantasy always has the best stories.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Final Fantasy, erm, I feel you may have lost touch with... everything. Crazy hair, overly large/shiney doo-dads and physic's breaking can only hold up so much of... whatever the hell that was.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
I'm not an avid player of FF games but do they ever explain where all the FEATHERS keep getting conjured from? In the first bunch of scenes they're raining from the sky, and every time the girl moves her sword more feathers burst out of it.

It's like they were aiming to do particle effects but "particles" got replaced with "feathers" :p

JudgeGame

Jan 2, 2013
"She just Yoshi'd her horse."

In this day and age, people question the use of referencing as a legitimate form of comedy. This is how you elevate referencing into a true joke.