Unskippable: Fracture

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
Liked this episode alot. The game seemed fun, but incredibly unbelievable. We blew up a chunk of our continent, oh no, we don't know how temperatures work.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
The Random One said:
It's pretty cool how they manage to make a fun episode out of Highly Amored Dudes Shoot Each Other 20 - IN AMERICA.

It's also pretty cool how Americans think Americans fighting each other is interesting. They're so cute!
Must. resist. bait.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Nanosauromo said:
Wait... if sea levels rose because of global warming, why is there no water in San Francisco bay?
Whispering Death said:
so... the water level rised due to global warming which somehow both flooded the entire mid-west but drained out the San Francisco Bay so it's nothing but hills now? How does rising water level reduce the amount of water in San Fran?

What?
Well, they did say that they "deformed" the terrain on their shores, so presumably that kept the water away there.
Reinis said:
The sad thing is that the Rubicon has been passed with regards to the climate. The current climate changes haven't been reversible for a while now.
Yep, pretty much all we can do now is try and limit how bad it gets.

Anyway, I've enjoyed this episode more than most other recent episodes, a lot of great lines in it (the final one in particular had me laughing).

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
LordVyreth said:
Axeli said:
So the guys with awesome genetic engineering technology are supposed to be the bad guys?

...Why does the entertainment industry hate science?
I was thinking the same thing. Why would I side with the sci-fi bigots over the San Francisco-based dudes with superpowers? Mind you, I'm also cool with being part of the "them" side in any future cyborg uprising.
I wonder if they also oppose stem-cell research and the use of gene-therapy to cure lethal diseases? Come on Fracture, you made me root for the bad guys in the first cut-scene.

Is it really any wonder Luddism is experiencing such a resurgence when the pop-culture has such a disproportioned amount of science-is-evil stories? It's almost as bad as the "nature = good" bull that the treehuggers keep spewing without having any idea what kind of cruel, Darwinist and intolerant ethics they are actually promoting.

It seems like half the idiots want our technological and moral development to stop here while the other half wants it to regress back to the Stone Ages.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
auuugh i want this game so badly now! WHY do i only have a Wii and not either of the consols that have games i want to play like demon souls and fracture?

i mean twilight princess was fun, but that was YEARS ago.

Banhaze

Oct 8, 2008
The single worst game I have ever player. I don't think you guys did it enough injustice...

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Lol, wonderful video ^~^! I actually wanted to pick up Fracture, but that was ages ago. Not sure if the game is really any good though.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
That video game was so generic that I've already forgotten what happened. It's interesting how these things make money.

Nice comedy though ;)

Whispering Death

May 24, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
Nanosauromo said:
Wait... if sea levels rose because of global warming, why is there no water in San Francisco bay?
Whispering Death said:
so... the water level rised due to global warming which somehow both flooded the entire mid-west but drained out the San Francisco Bay so it's nothing but hills now? How does rising water level reduce the amount of water in San Fran?

What?
Well, they did say that they "deformed" the terrain on their shores, so presumably that kept the water away there.
From wikipedia: "The deepest part of the bay is under and out of Golden Gate Bridge which is 300 feet."

Global warming is supposed to raise sea levels by, what, 2 feet in the most doomsday scenario?

To quote Glaciologist Nikolai Osokin of the Russian Academy of Science, "If all ice on the earth melted, the level of the oceans would rise by 64 meters"

So even in the impossible situation where all the ice in the world melted, somehow, then in this game's premise that the Gloden Gate Bridge is now all hills... that means the teraformers overshot by 230 feet of worldwide sealevel!

The two sides should ally against the idiot terraformers, they did FAR FAR FAR more damage than global warming ever could have! hahaha

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Wait a minute? Did they just hint at taking down Enchanted Arms?

AWESOME! I've had an axe to grind with that game for years now.

Anyway, I was so interested in this game until about a few months from its release, when I just forgot about it. I think the terraforming would be interesting in a pretty good game.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
... how cliche. Nothing new or interesting for the plot.

if i wanted a good secession story, i would have taken the one from crimson skies.

Sarukin

Mar 16, 2009
Wait, so in this game the East side of America, invades the West side because they don't like the fact their surviving with genetic augmentation and alteration, saying its an act against humanity, while they are removing bits of themselves and replacing them with cybernetics... and they're suppose to be the good guys?

Seriously, I'm with the Pacific guys with this.

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
This game appears to be unbelievably terrible. How someone could not only play it but study it in detail to mock it on a constant basis is something I doubt I will ever understand. Oh, and the urination joke almost made me urinate myself. That would be an awesome suit.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Oh wow, ANOTHER first-person shooter where you're some kind of space marine in armor. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Also, if this is supposed to be the future, how come the recording of that guy's speech like that of today's recording quality? And like they said, mercury thermometers.

And seriously, the guys are being flown to where they need to go in an open-door helicoptor? How many fucking games have to start out like that? It's getting really annoying! I am continuously amazed at the idea that there are people both making games like this and BUYING them!

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
You can tell this is an American game because it features a generic brown haired male soldier archtype, instead of an underdressed teenager who's forgotten colored hair hasn't been popular since the 90's. Which sucked.