Unskippable: Homefront

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
webrunner said:
Paul and Graham Go To White Castle would be an interesting movie.

It could do for nerds what Harold an Kumar did for stoners.
But they're already there! And they only wrecked one school bus in the process.

beetrain

Nov 17, 2009
Ugh. I hate such blatant ploys to make me detest an antagonist. Give me an enemy I can relate to and understand.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Nashidar said:
hermes200 said:
Woodsey said:
Haha, that Batman thing had me giggling. As for the scene itself - which is supposed to be so mightily horrifying - it all seems incredibly forced.
Indeed.
I still don't know why they leave the small kid alive, instead of beating him to death with his father's body... That would have been eviler, right?
No no. Eviler ...would be beating the father to death with the small kid alive ...possibly killing the kid in the process.

But more evil than that was the mental image they've given me. Thanks a bunch. :p
Yeah, seriously... I need Brain Bleach now.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
Wow. At the beginning I actually thought the scene was those DPRK soldiers forcibly enlisting a North Korean guy, and then you'd switch to the view of an American soldier and have to think about how the people you're killing, just like you, don't all want to be there, don't want to kill and don't want to die.

Then I realized it was just some pre-game demonization.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
The funny part is that most heroe's comments were talked over XD Batmans for the Win XD

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Aside from the title error in the video, the Batman joke had me laughing. Also I never been to White Castle. I wonder what their food taste like. :p

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Was hoping they'd address the soldier in the bus who gets killed in the escape, though I guess he was just the cost of war.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
webrunner said:

This would be amazing. Hopefully it becomes a LRR sketch at some point, at the very least.

thisbymaster

Sep 10, 2008
I just can't watch this stuff, I don't care what nationality of the people involved, or even if they weren't people. Some of the parts of District 9 got me in the same way.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
kab040 said:
It's good to know, that when your country is occupied there will still be white castle.
Eh, not that good. White Castle's delicious, but because they put onions in everything, it'll leave you with a horrible case of the the squats. It'd be pretty disadvantageous to suddenly have your stomach rumbling when your in a middle of a rebel mission.

I bet the Koreans planned that.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
So are the PS3 and 360 versions of Owls of Ga'Hoole really so graphically different, or did someone just forget to change the title card to Homefront?

Really subtle storytelling in that opening. It's almost like they want you to like the Koreans... Nah, it's as subtle as a large hammer. Loved the Batmans comment though, that was funny.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I loved the bit where the soldier comes in and says "You can thank me later" because I thought the same thing when I was at that part myself. Well, he did kill the annoying guy in the seat in front of me, so I guess I should thank him...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So, why was the movie late in coming and why the wrong title card? Is LRR starting to lose enthusiasm for Unskippable? If you guys would rather go biweekly to do this that will be fine with me. It's not the frequency that matters so much as the value. It is summer, maybe just do a Best of... for a couple of weeks, and take a little time off.
webrunner said:

I would pay full ticket price to see that. Although maybe we just did. Instead of the shitter twins we get the fartbag girls.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Honestly I think a game/comic about Batman as a freedom fighter in an occupied America would be way more interesting than this.

And I guess they had to make the N. Koreans that blatantly asshole-ish since they couldn't make the main characters even remotely likeable. The black guy was alright I guess but *spoiler alert* he dies before we really get to know him.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Unhappy Crow said:
Aside from the title error in the video, the Batman joke had me laughing. Also I never been to White Castle. I wonder what their food taste like. :p
It's not horrible, but it's not great. It's actually kind of bland and tasteless.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004

This is sad, the plotline is so terrible it makes this cinematic look stellar by comparison. I can say at this point I feel no regret that the developer shut down.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
So... The Koreans are actually just owls in battlesuits designed to look like humans and filled with taco sauce as fuel?

I KNEW IT!

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Yopaz said:
I loved the bit where the soldier comes in and says "You can thank me later" because I thought the same thing when I was at that part myself. Well, he did kill the annoying guy in the seat in front of me, so I guess I should thank him...
I thought you were supposed to thank him for not stabbing you.