Unskippable: Homefront

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
maninahat said:
My lord, some of the cheapest tactics to make you hate the enemies possible:
Faceless enemies, sinister lectures, parent murder, eye scanners. utterly ridiculous.
"Pick up that can!"

Those bastards... enviromentalism is truely the most heinous of acts.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
A lot of good stuff and I rather enjoy the underlining of the cruelty of N. Koreans just so we don't feel bad about killing legion of them.(and the batman joke also made it better)

Kinda weird don't you think a lot of them made the effort to learn english despiste the fact they seem to be killing people on sight

I would have love one about the intro

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Homefront 2: Rise of the Batmans

dude...that'd be so awesome. I mean the studio is being shut down, right? they may as well just do whatever the hell they want >:p and it'd be awesome

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one whose heart went haywire at the sound of children screaming. Stupid pesky maternal instincts.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Haha that was better than the Owls of Gah-wait.

No seriously, that was a great episode, even though all it was was watching someone ride around in a bus. I think the joke at the end made me laugh more than the entire video, though. Because it's probably true :p

SkyKitty

Dec 15, 2009
"It's not like the U.S has any resources whatsoever"

...This is true...What the hell do we have other than corn, oranges, and potatoes?

We're surrounded by huge oceans on all sides, so what tactical advantage do we serve?

Do the NKs REALLY want Canada and Mexico that badly?

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
what a sad story: The Owls were invaded by North Korea, so now they must find the Guardians :D

Raziel5150

Mar 16, 2009
Another great Unskippable. I still wish I knew why the developer of this game chose North Korea though. I mean, c'mon...Russia was unbelievable, but N. Korea is just downright laughable.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Ya know, Half-Life 2 managed to convey the "evil despotic occupation" thing without ANY cutscenes (unless you count G-Man blathering at the very start). It was also a much better game. Coincidence?

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
As if North Korea would get near America's west coast before its' fleet was destroyed.

No country plans full-scale invasions nowadays. The lines will pretty much remain as they are until banks merge robbed-to-poverty America, Canada, and Mexico into a North American Union.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Even if you throw around Fox News scare words like "economic collapse" you can't logically explain North Korea taking over anything, not even its southern half.

Hell, Blizzard Entertainment practically owns South Korea already. Between Starcraft and World of Warcraft there are a ton of talented squad and campaign-level commanders who would totally wipe out North Korea's Pylons. And then BAM! South Korean Zerg Rush.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
i just love that comment the protagonist makes "the bodies keep disappearing. mass graves i bet" HOW ELSE WOULD YOU DISPOSE OF MANY BODIES. i was expecting some sort of soylent green reference, but nope. mass graves.