Unskippable: L.A. Noire

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
You know if they did more work on fleshing out the world and some more gameplay besides the story, L.A. Noire could have been an awesome game. I mean I liked the "random" crimes and all but I would have liked to be able to have had free-play between cases. You know, like after case is over you can go plainclothes and drive around (or home), and maybe if they'd fleshed out more of the Phelps-SingerChickWho'sNameICan'tRemember story (like other than that it was implied and later revealed he was fucking her) then I might have thought that L.A. Noire was an awesome game.
Plus I would have liked to have seen more real random crimes while driving around like noticing a purse snatcher while driving and chasing him down (even hopping out of the car for the chase and tackle-capture/warning shot.
But alas, I'm Monday-Morning Quarterbacking... All in all I was disappointed with Noire's gameplay but it was a good story and it reminded me of Myst and some of the old Sierra games like Police Quest 1 2 and 3.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
amaranth_dru said:
You know if they did more work on fleshing out the world and some more gameplay besides the story, L.A. Noire could have been an awesome game. I mean I liked the "random" crimes and all but I would have liked to be able to have had free-play between cases. You know, like after case is over you can go plainclothes and drive around (or home), and maybe if they'd fleshed out more of the Phelps-SingerChickWho'sNameICan'tRemember story (like other than that it was implied and later revealed he was fucking her) then I might have thought that L.A. Noire was an awesome game.
Plus I would have liked to have seen more real random crimes while driving around like noticing a purse snatcher while driving and chasing him down (even hopping out of the car for the chase and tackle-capture/warning shot.
But alas, I'm Monday-Morning Quarterbacking... All in all I was disappointed with Noire's gameplay but it was a good story and it reminded me of Myst and some of the old Sierra games like Police Quest 1 2 and 3.
I had completely forgotten about Police Quest until right now... I might still have it laying around somewhere, I should see if I can get it to work, thank you!

On topic: Steampunk Terminator... yeah, I'd buy into that.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Steampunk Terminator, Graham's Jay Leno impression, and the Rhino stopping Gun joke had me in tears. XD

DVS BSTrD said:
Great video guys.
Steampunk Terminator would be pretty awesome. I'd say you two are having a good...

*puts on sunglasses*

...judgement day
BOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
im preaty sure someone made a steampunk terminator...
*checks google*
yup...

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
I forgot how every scene in the opening is actually germane to the story.

Also, there's not nearly enough chalkboards to call that learning. More like intensive studying at best.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
will elephants and lions be as intrigued by the gun as rhinos? that's important to know. gotta cover all your bases out in the wild :p

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Garfy said:
Actually there was an episode of the sarah connor chronicles where a terminator accidentally got sent back too far to the 20s.
There is still some good in this world when this is the first post to the thread. :) I hope they either know it or will now actually check that one out.

Sure, it's not Arnie (OR a bowler hat... I think), but that episode is awesome.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I like this guy's idea for a steampunk Terminator [http://www.ironicsans.com/2008/10/idea_reboot_the_terminator.html]

Or would it be Bronze-Punk?

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Now I REALLY want to get this game, just so Walter Bishop can sell me a home.

Actually I really might get this game once it's cheaper. Is it in the bargain bin yet? I can do basically just playing a movie, I mean I enjoyed Heavy Rain, I'd probably enjoy this.

alpha0924

Mar 12, 2011
Why is everyone talking about Steampunk Terminator? Steampunk is typically Victorian era stuff. But I agree that early 20th century terminator would be completely awesome.

Also, that Leno impersonation wasn't quite right. You didn't explain the joke afterward.