Unskippable: Left 4 Dead

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Wait, wait wait wait wait.
Graham, Paul, what the hell is this?
I believe the catchphrase is "Bad cinematic have never been so good"? Then you show up with Borderlands, and now this? Both awesome openings to awesome games.

I'm very disappointed in you, guys. Very disappointed.
Tut tut.
The really bad cinematics don't result in very good riffs, either. (see: Damnation, Radiata Stories, Run Like Hell) The best Unskippables, IMHO, are the ones that hit that sweet spot of "so bad it's good."

SloLynx

Aug 29, 2009
OK, now THAT was hillarious. The part about "Alex Mercer" and the zombie wheater report made me laugh the most.

will2k123

Feb 13, 2008
What I still don't get is the random flash of lightning that reveals the witch and the one at the start.
There's no hint of rain and they're the only flashes in the opening scene.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hahaha pretty much everything after the Prototype joke had me laughing out loud =)

JugglerPanda said:
Rock said:
I'm just going to go ahead and come to terms with the fact that I'm probably one of few that laughed at the "West Side Story" reference.
That was my favorite joke.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Actually, they are called zombies in-game. Even though we should call them freaks, or biological accidents.

chaosd1

Jul 16, 2008
I will give Left 4 Dead's opening props on being what is essentially a training video. Everything done in the opening (saving people, most of the Special Infected, how to use the pipebomb, not shining a light on the Witch) is done in the game.

My fav line, "They told me the zombie hunt would be business-casual, but I feel so overdressed."

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I guffawed at the "News Chopper 9" bit. And the "West Side Story dance-off" bit was pretty good too. I always felt like this was one of the better-done intro cinematics, but there's always room for some good snarkiness. Also- remember to always ensure that your batteries are fully charged.

But, seriously, Louis? Do you sneak off every night to shave? I mean, really, I thought my facial hair grew out slowly.

Balthassar

Feb 27, 2009
That was alot longer than I remember it being. Did the PC version get a cut down version of the intro movie?

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
That was the first good goodscene you have ripped, and it was everybit as good as the others.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Always remember, kids, to make sure your batteries are charged and the commute is clear of the rampaging hordes of the undead.

RAND00M said:
GrinningManiac said:
We WILL have a party

and it will be off the hizzim

...What the hell is a hizzim, anyhow?
It´s the same as being of the chizziz.
Word.

miquelfire

Red Fire
Dec 24, 2008
Balthassar said:
That was alot longer than I remember it being. Did the PC version get a cut down version of the intro movie?
No. You might have skip it enough to not really notice the length of it.

Though, something about the beginning seems off from what I remember...

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I haven't played the game but god does this cut scene suck XD

Doesn't let me hold out much hope for the plot of the game.

Feb 13, 2008
Balthassar said:
Nope, same video for all versions I believe. It's just mice don't run out of batteries as often. :)

Hithlain said:
I haven't played the game but god does this cut scene suck XD

Doesn't let me hold out much hope for the plot of the game.
Troll, ironic or just insane? Only you can decide.