Unskippable: No More Heroes 2

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
"When you see your brother in hell, tell him..."

*Puts on shades*

"...he's still a douche."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Turbo_ski said:
ManaAdvent said:
Anyways, good episode, but bad one liner from the 'hero' of this game.
They intended for it to be a bad one liner, that's just how this game rolls. The next scene breaks the fourth wall multiple times too. All said this game was a blast until you got to very last boss and got hit with a major disappointment of a final boss fight (the 4 leading up prior to him were mind-blowing).
The problem with No More Heroes and its sequel is that when it does something bad (open world in 1, last form of the final boss in 2), you can never tell if that was done intentionally or not.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Snake: "Assassins for money? You mean...METAL GEAR?" (sure sounds like Campbell :p)
and yes, Travis is a douche :D

Hargrimm

Jan 1, 2010
Hey, that narrator is the same from Diablo I.
I haven't heard that guys voice in ages, does anyone know his name?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
ProjectTrinity said:
...I lol'd at the one liner. It's not hard to make me laugh, apparently. >_>
canadamus_prime said:
Is it just me or did Travis' opponent look unnervingly familiar.
First character I had in mind was Cloud.
A chrome plated Cloud, but yes.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Wow, this game's intro sucked so much, I don't think Unskippable needed to make any commentary on it.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Hargrimm said:
Hey, that narrator is the same from Diablo I.
I haven't heard that guys voice in ages, does anyone know his name?
Paul Eiding. Also voiced Colonel Campbell in MGS.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Enigmers said:
"When you see your brother in hell, tell him..."

*Puts on shades*

"...he's still a douche."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Win.

OT: Did anyone else think that the white splotching after the "save point" looked like something other than poop? Anyone?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
therandombear said:
I loved the first game and I loved the second game, to bad didn't include the last part of it too, after the fight xD
Agreed on all points. This is one of those games I would never skip anything on, and the scene after the fight is awesome. That scene made me laugh out loud when I played the first time.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it's strange that I kinda wanna play this game...the main character being one reason?? idk nvm
(assuming they ever publish the 360/PS3 version outside of Japan)

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Sampsa said:
TheBlackKnight said:
hmmmm Diablo narrator.... goood
Really? I thought it was colonel Cambell from MGS series or are they the same person? I also think that the protagonist sounded like Liquid Snake.
As others have said that narrator is Paul Eiding, who was the Diablo Narrator and Campbell.

Travis is voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, who definitely wasn't Liquid Snake, but he has done many animation and game voices including the Medic in Team Fortress 2!

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
So yeah Travis is a dick...but I love him for it. A start difference from squeaky clean JRPG brats or big muscle-y men you're expected to go "Dude, he's totally badass" right from the start. It's part of why I love this game.

Good job Paul and Graham

Cronqvist

Feb 10, 2010
ManaAdvent said:
Is it just me or does that guy facing Travis looks similar to Cloud Strife?

Anyways, good episode, but bad one liner from the 'hero' of this game.
My thoughts exactly.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
So do you actually have to fight that revolver guy? Travis took down his brother and those guns were better than these for sure. Is there gonna be another UnSkippable Live? I was hoping for one today or maybe I already missed it.

Woem

May 28, 2009
GrahamS said:
No More Heroes 2

Maybe there's no more heroes because no one likes hanging out with jerks.

Watch Video
The GOOOOAAAAAAL remark made me laugh so hard. I'm from Belgium and the joke is a clear reference to famous Belgian sports commentator Rik De Saedeleer who was prone to extaticaly yelling "Goal! Goal, goal, goooaaaaaaaall!".