Unskippable: No More Heroes 2

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Who else thinks they should finish off the ultra-pretentiousness (and crazy fun) in a NMH2 Unskippable Lets Play?!

There are 3 very good reasons to do this:
1) boobs (and the assorted boob/stripper/hooker jokes).
2) ridiculous violence (that also happens to be concentrated "awesome").
3) cheesy (presumably intentionally so) dialogue. (to those who haven't played, it only gets worse from here. but at least it fits the scenes perfectly.)

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
ProjectTrinity said:
...I lol'd at the one liner. It's not hard to make me laugh, apparently. >_>
canadamus_prime said:
Is it just me or did Travis' opponent look unnervingly familiar.
First character I had in mind was Cloud.
A chrome plated Cloud, but yes.
I honestly don't get why they made a cloud joke even the dang beam sword looked the same >.>

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
Ok... either the dialogue really sucked in this game, or they were deliberately TRYING to make it suck in order to lampshade... something. Either way, I can't take anything in that cutscene seriously.

TheBlackKnight

ESEY on the Kross
Nov 3, 2008
Sampsa said:
TheBlackKnight said:
hmmmm Diablo narrator.... goood
Really? I thought it was colonel Cambell from MGS series or are they the same person? I also think that the protagonist sounded like Liquid Snake.
That bloke might have done more then just Diablo ;) I never touched any Metal Gear games, so I can't tell; Of course IMDB might help us here....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251646/

dun dun duuuuun~

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
One of the major things that puts me off this game already is that the "beam-swords" are essentially lightsabers, just with a metal tip at the end. And that's just inconvenient because the user wouldn't be able to make a thrust attack. I mean, come on, they even sounded like lightsabers...

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
ProjectTrinity said:
...I lol'd at the one liner. It's not hard to make me laugh, apparently. >_>
canadamus_prime said:
Is it just me or did Travis' opponent look unnervingly familiar.
First character I had in mind was Cloud.
A chrome plated Cloud, but yes.
The answer: Travis sent Cloud into Hell. CANON

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
I'm guessing his brother is the guy from the intro to the first NMH. Which was also a big comment on PS3 compared to wii (Travis representing the wii). So I can't help but wonder, is the part where he's pulling out a sword just like Travis a comment on the playstation move?

It sure seems like that especially considering how eerily similar the character is to Cloud Strife which is probably the most well known PS character right?

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
RTR said:
So yeah Travis is a dick...but I love him for it. A start difference from squeaky clean JRPG brats or big muscle-y men you're expected to go "Dude, he's totally badass" right from the start. It's part of why I love this game.

Good job Paul and Graham
Travis is a dick at the start of NMH2 but by the end he gets his mojo back.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
swimon said:
I'm guessing his brother is the guy from the intro to the first NMH. Which was also a big comment on PS3 compared to wii (Travis representing the wii). So I can't help but wonder, is the part where he's pulling out a sword just like Travis a comment on the playstation move?

It sure seems like that especially considering how eerily similar the character is to Cloud Strife which is probably the most well known PS character right?
Yeah. Helter Skelter was the guy from the intro movie in the first game and if anything I think that was originally a joke on us since the fight with Helter Skelter was the preview video of gameplay video we never actually got to play. In the sequel you get to fight his brother but it's only a lame tutorial.

Don't really get the people seeing NMH2 as a comment on the HD consoles as I didn't get that from it. I see this guy having a light sabre as being part of how the assassins in this game are all looking up to Travis as a role model.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
So, Paul and Graham are doing a parody of a parody?

Very meta of them.

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
Wow that made Bayonetta look like a masterpiece.Thank you for making sure i never bother with that game lol.

standokan

May 28, 2009
NOOO, they cancelled epic mickey 2, the two mickey towers or attack of the mickeys, i could go on like this all day.

ZeroAX

Jan 23, 2008
why didn't you show the scene with Sylvia afterwards? There was some comedy gold in that scene.

Arvind

Apr 11, 2009
Travis GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL is the best name ever in the history of videogames. Possibly the best in the history of mankind and the universe as well.