Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Steve Butts said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.
Uh, guys? With the current labor protests and (putting it [em]very[/em] nicely) executive overreach in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and elsewhere, this attempted joke rings a little hollow.

And, honestly, do you want to be thought of as the type of people who make hamsters live in their own filth and drink dirty water? I mean, what would your [em]subscribers[/em] think?

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
I really hope the main character is a silent protagonist after spending that much of the opening cut scene not speaking.

Although, I actually thought it was well done. It did a good job setting the scene and while you don't know anything about his past (or what he needs redemption from) you can tell that his rugged appearance contrasts with the world that they other passengers are talking about.

But that doesn't mean it isn't okay to mock it mercilessly.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that endless cutscene. I understood the underlying "the old west is modernizing" theme after the first few sentences, so to make that train ride that long seemed very unnecessary.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
ewhac said:
Steve Butts said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.
Uh, guys? With the current labor protests and (putting it [em]very[/em] nicely) executive overreach in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and elsewhere, this attempted joke rings a little hollow.

And, honestly, do you want to be thought of as the type of people who make hamsters live in their own filth and drink dirty water? I mean, what would your [em]subscribers[/em] think?
The internet fo serios.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
omg i laughed to tears at the armadillo bit

"Here. We build here, on this armadillo"

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Is it me or is that Priest totally trying to get into thick bitches lacy drawers?
I can see the next part of their conversation ending with the line
"Well my child, if you come to my room I can show you right from wrong"

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
The scene would be better if we just could kill the priest, the old ladies and tie the girl to the railway.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
I actually have a Yahoo group for people who enjoy eavesdropping and airing out their pits. Think he'd join?

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I remember watching that for the first time, and at the end thinking, "What the fuck did that have to do with anything?!".

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
Steve Butts said:

Business as normal.
those damn server rodents; my mother has squirrels in her computer and they just will not let the dang thing run properly

StraightToHeck

Booby booby bum bum.
Oct 13, 2010
vivster said:
omg i laughed to tears at the armadillo bit

"Here. We build here, on this armadillo"
as did I, thoough it would be particularly difficult to build an entire town on a single armadillo, much less keep it still for the unknown amount of years the town would stand

people were so silly back then

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Fangobra said:
Did anybody else expect an "and yet, the armadillo" reference at the end?
Yeah, I was expecting that too. Hey, who didn't?

How stupid (like Jenny) do you have to be to be unable to determine loving or hateful acts?
(Shooting in the face =/= loving. Good example, Paul.)

Red Dead Going-to-Support-Group?.... Uh, thanks but no. Just no.
(Sounds even less appealing than Brown Alive Redemption.)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Yvl9921 said:
You can too buy a Rainbow Unicorn. It comes with Undead Nightmare.
Nuh uh! you have to tame it!

To the video: Of course there's a lot of killing. The trope is "Redemption equals death." If they wanted it to be self-sacrifice, they should have been more specific!

Antidamacus

Feb 18, 2009
Sadly there wasn't much to work with and I was glad when they talked over the cutscene dialogue so I didn't have to hear it