Unskippable: Red Dead Redemption

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
ewhac said:
Uh, guys? With the current labor protests and (putting it [em]very[/em] nicely) executive overreach in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and elsewhere, this attempted joke rings a little hollow.

And, honestly, do you want to be thought of as the type of people who make hamsters live in their own filth and drink dirty water? I mean, what would your [em]subscribers[/em] think?
Are you comparing hamsters to people? Now who's being insensitive?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
You find the lady who was talking to the priest later on delerious from dehydration in the desert.

Gotta agree with the censensus though this scene really had nothing to do with anything.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Supp said:
Steve Butts said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. We tried to get this up and running this morning but the server hamsters were on strike demanding clean water and fresh shavings. Since it's official Escapist policy not to negotiate with terrorists, we had to wait for a strike team of marmots to resolve the situation in our favor.

Business as normal.
A very reasonable response to this sort of crisis.
I did notice it was a bit delayed today as well. I concur, nice to see the Escapist waited for proper back-up to deal with those miscreants!

Anyway, I chuckled along with Graham when he made the comment about the girl being...dumb :p

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Steve Butts said:
Are you comparing hamsters to people? Now who's being insensitive?
Respectfully, I think it was you who first compared hamsters to people, by describing them as "striking".

"Hey! Here's some critters that had the temerity to complain about their deplorable conditions. We called in some muscle and put an end to their impertinence real quick. Ha ha."

...Yeah. For me, not so much. Not after reading extensively about the Wisconsin protests all this month. (If you haven't, do read up on them. It's important.)

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Don't worry about the Blackwater. They realized the name was dragging it down and renamed it the Xe Services. Ba-Dum-Tish.

Typhoonis88

Nov 24, 2009
The entire episode i was waiting ... ok so whens the train going to derail.... no maybe someones going to rob the train... hmm or maybe just maybe the priest goes crazy and we have to shoot him before he ravages the girl?

Or we could just get off the train and rudely stand in a gentleman's way ... classy i see what you did there :)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
vivster said:
omg i laughed to tears at the armadillo bit

"Here. We build here, on this armadillo"
glad im not the only one to crack up at that last part XD

notmichaeljfox

Jan 22, 2011
Is it me, or did the judgemental lady have a flavor saver?

You couldn't do that scene with the villain. He would have shot the women and instantly become the hero.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Hinoema said:
That cutscene doesn't tell you anything, does it?
What does you mean it doesn't tell you anything?
It tells you that, as Graham pointed out, the main character likes to eavesdrop and air out his armpits. ^_^