Unskippable: Remember Me, Part 2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Remember Me, Part 2

You may have forgotten but remember to check out part two of Remember Me.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Step 1: Wipe memories from people, killing most of them in the process.
Step 2: Don't check to make sure they're dead when applying shrouds.
Step 3: Load them into spacious, durable-looking coffins using an elaborate and expensive mechanical system.
Step 4: Fire them into the Seine; allow evidence of your mass murder to drift gently downriver to an inhabited slum.
Step 5: Profit.

Seriously, one incinerator would make the company much more efficient, much less conspicuously evil, and shorten game time by about 20 hours.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Step 3: Load them into spacious, durable-looking coffins using an elaborate and expensive mechanical system.
Step 4: Fire them into the Seine; allow evidence of your mass murder to drift gently downriver to an inhabited slum.

Seriously, one incinerator would make the company much more efficient, much less conspicuously evil, and shorten game time by about 20 hours.
Yeah, but when haven major corporations ever been known for making sense. I bet that Memorize corporation is actually run by Microsoft. I bet those Sensen things require and always online connection.

Tornix

Oct 13, 2010
Wait a minute, is that blue eyes I see on the extreme closeup? I thought Nilin was supposed to be black or I have gotten that wrong somehow. I mean, the way she looks certainly hints at it or is it just me. If I'm not wrong and Nilin is black then she's less black than Sheva Alomar from RE5, which says a lot.

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Man, I'm glad now that I played the game with French audio and English subtitles. I really don't like the English voices.

Johnny Novgorod said:
So is the game any good?
I quite liked it. More for the ideas, less for its fighting system.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Tornix said:
Wait a minute, is that blue eyes I see on the extreme closeup? I thought Nilin was supposed to be black or I have gotten that wrong somehow.
She's mix-raced, but yeah, that is odd and I never noticed it. She certainly should have brown eyes, hmm.

I wish this game had gotten a little more recognition, I quite enjoyed it and I'd love to see more done with the world and concept, yet I've never seen a single person playing it on my friends list and once the reviews had passed it was as though it had never existed, so sadly I don't think it'll happen. :/

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Tornix said:
Wait a minute, is that blue eyes I see on the extreme closeup? I thought Nilin was supposed to be black or I have gotten that wrong somehow. I mean, the way she looks certainly hints at it or is it just me. If I'm not wrong and Nilin is black then she's less black than Sheva Alomar from RE5, which says a lot.
She's got a black mom and a white dad as far as i remember from the game. Doesn't that mean that even though the chances of her having blue eyes are very slim it's still possible?
Johnny Novgorod said:
So is the game any good?
The game's mostly alright. As both Yahtzee and the Escapist staff themselves mentioned in their reviews the game is kind forgettable though. It has interesting ideas for combat and the memory remix, but it doens't really make the most of them. I quite liked it while it was there and i was playing it, but now there's not much at all i remember from it except those remix scenes. Gonna have to keep a lookout for Dontnod Entertainment and their future projects.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
Ah, the magic of weird cutscenes. This is one of the best things ever made by Loading Ready Run. I hope they can add new people to this show too. Anyway, yeah, the whole facility thing is quite weird and it would not work at all, but this game is so full of craziness in the plot that coffins with internal light are not the most absurd thing.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:

Yeah, but when haven major corporations ever been known for making sense. I bet that Memorize corporation is actually run by Microsoft. I bet those Sensen things require and always online connection.
IDK, as I see it Abstergo, for the most part, is pretty on the ball.
OT: If I were in Nillin's place, I wouldn't trust the voice in my head any further than I could throw the vacuum-sealed coffins he expects me to hop into.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Edge had a plan to get her out, but Bono kept calling him with pretentious tirades, and he got distracted.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
canadamus_prime said:

IDK, as I see it Abstergo, for the most part, is pretty on the ball.
OT: If I were in Nillin's place, I wouldn't trust the voice in my head any further than I could throw the vacuum-sealed coffins he expects me to hop into.
I don't know, haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games so I can't really comment on that one.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
It was Amazing Grace you ingrates! Disrespectin' your Canadian/Scottish heritage like that, what would Doohan say if he was alive today?

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009

Videogame writers' approach to megacorporations seems to be the same as Greg Egan's approach to religious people: just assume in advance that their actions don't have to make sense, that way you can slap on any contrived plot development and nobody will call you out on it.

Also, are splicers the new zombies now? It just feels like "technology-addicted Gollums" have become quite common of late.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
RyQ_TMC said:

Videogame writers' approach to megacorporations seems to be the same as Greg Egan's approach to religious people: just assume in advance that their actions don't have to make sense, that way you can slap on any contrived plot development and nobody will call you out on it.
I think the earliest game to show the massive incompetence of megacorporations was Vice project Doom. The game was really good. However, without spoilers, the way the megacorp handled transfers of CEO power had about as much chance of a successful transition as the average Umbrella research project.