Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Wow, that opening cutscene was positively metal! (Maybe I should give these "Blind Guardian" guys a look...)

It also kinda reminded me of Warcraft and its ilk... except buggier.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Nothing they said was as funny as the character randomly changing... I mean... holy hell.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I'm pretty new to these Unskippable videos, but... Isn't this a bit late?
I mean, the game came out in 2008.

That said, I did get the game when it came out.
Took a few patches to make it playable, but I never got very far in it because of how lame the Seraphim was compared to Sacred 1 - which was a pretty brilliant game, actually.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
xrogaan said:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

Yes, the seraphim are blond only.
That is absolutely not true.
This is the PS3 version and you certainly can change the hair on the Seraphim.
We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Tayh said:
I'm pretty new to these Unskippable videos, but... Isn't this a bit late?
I mean, the game came out in 2008.

That said, I did get the game when it came out.
Took a few patches to make it playable, but I never got very far in it because of how lame the Seraphim was compared to Sacred 1 - which was a pretty brilliant game, actually.
We don't really have a mandate to only do new stuff, we often switch it up.
Besides! Then we would've missed this!

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
xrogaan said:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.
It's ok Graham. Anyone else notice the person who posted this has ONE post on all of the escapist and this person is the only one saying posotive things about the game?

Cuz i noticed. Sneaky dev's trying to defend their hilariously bad cutscene.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I want to know what happened in the rest of that prerendered cutscene! It's like the old guy was someone's grouchy dad who stomps in, turns off the TV at the best part and says, "say goodbye to your friends, you have homework to do NOW."

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
RE: GPLP
No, no, no! The game isn't bad or anything, but it's not even a little bit cutscene filled. Other than the intro and the Blind Guardian concert I can't remember seeing a single cutscene after many many hours of inventory management, Diablo-esque combat/looting, and text dumps for quests. The PCs occasionally have their own commentary and I think the main quests have voice-overs but it's still just text windows.

Azrael_0

Jan 12, 2008
Fun factoid: Did you know that you couldn't finish the original Sacred without using a cheat via the dev console, because one of the *main* quests was bugged. Glad to see them retaining their unique QA quality in the sequel.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game
Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

That Blind Guardian song would have deserved a lot better than this game.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Oh, I fucking love Sacred 2!

Its awful, with very few redeeming features (That opening cutscene being probably the best thing in the game), it doesn't give you any ideas on how the ridiculously complex levelling system works, and its impossible at higher difficulties if you don't level up right, it has, like, two battle themes for each character which don't get tired AT ALL after seventeen bazillion fights, the frame rate is bad, the animations jerky and some batshit crazy voice acting, but it does have a quaint old school charm to it. Probably clocked up 150 hours with my Seraphim alone.

Ugh, what have I don't with my life?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Blind Guardian is not Dragonforce.... /shudder
and a full version of BG song they used
That's Blind Guardian, for those who don't know. And a cookie if you know what the song is based on.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Oh my god, that was brilliant! It was so bad that it became great, I have to find this! The theme, the camera angles, it was all just awful. You need to do a GPLP of that! Please, it would save me the trouble of finding this game.
You should probably add release date to the game info below the video, apparently the game came out in 2009. Still no excuse, but interesting.

Hashandir

Jan 14, 2009
Do I spot a new candidate for a "lets play" ? Would be awesome with all the glitches and bugs, not to mention the "original" plot. Plus, from what I've heard, there's 200h+ of game time !

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
xrogaan said:

It's the same for the 360 version. Awhile back, two of my friends each bought themselves a copy. One of them had a Seraphim with black hair I believe.

He let me borrow the game shortly after, I played it for about an hour and then handed it right back.
My other friend must be some kind gaming-masochist because he played every class all the way through and got all the achievements. I don't know how, but he really liked it.

Great video. I laughed before I even started it, just because I saw you guys were doing this game. When I saw that intro, in that hour of playing I did, I thought what the hell. I actually thought something similar to the grade school child's doodles, so that was one of the best parts of the video for me.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
xrogaan said:

The confusion likely comes from the fact that the ps3 version came out after the Pc version and was supposed to have more features character creation being one of them. Also explains the glitch since they just used the original cutscenes.