Unskippable: Sonic the Hedgehog

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
You know, even with "Eggman" there, I would have still bought (as in had some faith in) this game from the cut-scene there, he made for a outrageous and very eccentric bad guy, even if for an FF game he wasn't very subtle; but as soon as Sonic arrived it was all over.

I didn't like his voice, he invalidated everything that had happened in the cut-scene so far, I stopped caring entirely about the intricacies of the characters I was seeing develop. I mean, what was the significance of all that? The effort that went into the elaborate design of the world in that first minute and a half (?) conspicuously implies the developers had something with much more substance in their minds that this. This thing.

Oh hilarious commentary as usual guys.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Wow they were having some really big problems trying to keep a consistent reality level/setting/theme

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
GamemasterAnthony said:
You know...Sonic probably WOULD have had a better RPG than Sonic Chronicles if Square-Enix was on board.
Hey, I liked Sonic Chronicles (downer cliffhanger ending aside)! And Bioware actually made Big likable. (Admittedly, they did that by making him an idiot that you can't help but laugh at.)

fangclaw

Mar 3, 2010
I really did lol at the chili dog reference. I remember those old cartoons, and they were some of the BEST, not like the shit that kids are forced to watch today.

P.S.
I was also a victim of the "one eyeball with two pupils" theory even way back when i was watching the cartoons

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
sigh....I guess I'll stick with the Sonic the Hedgehog comic books. At least they make more sense.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
You got you science fiction in my fantasy.

Funny enough, that statement is also applicable to Final FANTASY

Tel_Windzan

Dec 18, 2008
I think the last Sonic games I ever played had to be on the Game Gear but even I still know some things about the Sonic Universe that I think should be possible. Hell, Sonic was able to get to space in Unleash! I'm sure catching up to a slowly moving space ship that is close to the ground will be within Sonic's power to get to. And I serious agree that Eggman, should have tried to get the Chaos Emerald right then and there! Because that seems like the big thing he is always doing, whether he is Eggman or Robotnik. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Robotnik would have gone for it right away because I think he was more daring than Eggman, at least from what I have seen of him.

Also, I think that point on that the "Sonic team wants to make new games but they are always forced to make Sonic games" seems to have some truth to them. Up until the "You got Science Fiction in my Fantasy" part, the story looked like a Sonic-free zone. Course, it wouldn't remain that way considering that the title of the thing is "Sonic the Hedgehog".

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Ack No! the bad memories are all coming back, worst part, the extensive loading screens just so you can view this mess! Someone pass the brain bleach! I need to get it out of my mind!

Hillarious episode but with material like this it was bound to be and y'know I think your right, Sonic Team must want to make other games but people wont let them, kinda like how Rare wanted to make Dinosaur Planet but Nintendo said "nope we want a starfox game" and so we ended up with that.

Still one Pro for this game, it doesnt have Chip in it

The Con, it existed at all

huh.... my captch dealie is oddly relevant "make haste"...

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
I remember playing this game. It was crap. Like most Sonic games. I want to play a game wherein you control Dr. Eggman (sorry; Robotnic) and take over a planet or something. And shoot sonic in the face so he dies. But maybe that's just me.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Do you remember when Sonic was about blue guy running fast collecting rings ? Neither do I.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
i dont know the game, but from what i ve seen so far ... sonic is a real douchbagger!

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Oh God, why does this look soooo bad? I mean, I've played a few demos for Sonic games and I knew they didn't play well, but this... good lord.

Oh, and can someone please explain to me the whole Eggman/Robotnick thing? Why do people disagree about what he's called?

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
JWRosser said:
Wow that looks....awful.

Neither Sonic nor Robotnik (I refuse to call him Eggman) look like they belong there at all. And at the end...why didn't Sonic just run up the buildings and gather enough speed to propel himself onto the ship like he has done so many times before?

I hope he and the Princess (I assume she is anyway) don't fall in love.

Oh God...they do, don't they?
Except his original name is Eggman, he's always been called Eggman in Japan, Sonic games are made by a Japanese developer, his Wing Fortress in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was branded with a giant E at several locations, the Death EGG, and one of his robots shoots eggs, how much more evidence do you need to be snapped out of your silly denial that Eggman is, and always will be, his original name that Sega of America changed for no good reason.

And they kindasorta do in a not really but maybe way, it's not really clear, like many things in Sonic 2006, if you ever want a good laugh, look at Pokécapn's Let's Play of Sonic 2006, he and his friends had the wild idea of LPing the whole thing, with all characters, in one session, you can really tell when it starts being 3am as their insanity ramps up.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
"Now let's get back to this Final Fantasy game."

At what point did the developers think to themselves that a cartoon anthropomorphic woodland creature 90s caricature who fights a tubby children's style mad scientist was an "edgy" concept?

Pedro The Hutt said:
his original name that Sega of America changed for no good reason.
I thought "because it sounds better" was a good reason.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
YOUUU SHALL NOT PAAASSSS
XD love it
but whoa...Final Fantasy?? no wayy

HAHAHAHA pot leaf the hedgehog...lmao