Unskippable: Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Nice one, very funny, but learn the difference between crows and ravens.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
That was an awesome look back on the cutscenes you've covered. Congrats on 100 episodes.

Apr 28, 2008
Wow. Only now do I realize how insanely stupid some cut-scenes are.

"You came by helicopter, didn't you?"

YOU SAW HIM JUMP OUT OF THE HELICOPTER!!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
Unskippable 100: A Guide to Cinematics

Graham and Paul use the knowledge they've gained from Unskippable for "good".

Watch Video
My God, that was great. You guys should do this again sometimes (infrequently), offering more "help."

Is it wrong that I now want to make a cutscene that does all of the things listed here?

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
That was quite funny. Don't know if I would be honoured or scared to have one of my games featured in UnSkippable ...

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Such a great video to use for your 100th episode. I was in stitches when I heard "Not-Europe."

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Ok, we start with a shot of a crow. We then zoom in on the back of the crows head and enter a first person perspective. A giant moon then falls and crushes the crow, leaving the crow unharmed somehow. The crow then catches a taxi to a non-destript country in Noteurope. The taxi driver narrates while text scrolls down the screen, telling of the long, boring political history of the country, with breaks so that the crow can ask vapid questions. And then the game starts.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Wow...100 episodes already.

Unskippable joined the escapist and kicked off a golden age of videos for the site. There Will Be Brawl, Doomsday Arcade, Unforgotten Realms, Unskippable. Good times for sure.

I may not be a fan of much of the video content on the site anymore, but anything by LRR is worthwhile in my book. Unskippable merely launched LRR's video takeover of the escapist.

Thank you for all the amazing content guys. Here's to another 100 episodes.

al502

Nov 19, 2009
now this is one of my favorite episodes, found it completely hilarious. And i don't think it's actually possible to run out of game trailers and intros. seriously though, an amazing episodes and just wanted to mention it.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I would've loved to have sat in on the writing process for this one. Very funny stuff.

On a side note: did the 100 episodes include the Lost Planet pilot or did they start with Eternal Sonata?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
100 episodes...100 episodes of "WTF?" cutscenes. How do you guys put up with it?

And yes, I agree with you about Zoids Assault. All that silent text... The still pictures (except for that snow)... And whoever voiced that woman (Alexys van Clyft? I'll be damned that I can remember that...) most likely did not want to. (If that was Michelle Ruff, I'll be GOD-FUCKING-DAMNED; no one deserves to go through such a shit-ass cutscene, let alone her!)

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
NO! What have you done! I thought you had learned from failures of the past! The internet doesn't get sarcasm. We are doooooooomed!

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
So on the point about Parrot Exposition, you show MGS clips.

I'm not sure that counts as "low-hanging fruit".

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
On the bright side, if developers didn't have an obsession with bad, poorly made and poorly thought out cut scenes, we wouldn't have Unskippable now, would we?

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
It's strange! None of my favourite cutscenes are anything like that! I wonder why I like them.