Unskippable: Venetica Part 2

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
I never get tired of the collective "GYUH!!" Always makes me laugh at any sudden dart into the frame or reveal of a hideous character.

BTW, don't we have any more games that opens with the protagonist dying or blacking out somewhere in the opening? I think we were up to "And that was the sixth/seventh time I died" and now that running gag is gone! Gone, I say! :(

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
SO GLAD they acknowledged the spinning camera. I hate that effect, ON EVERYTHING. Spinning cameras do not create dramatic effect. They create dizziness ... and nausea.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol yeah she was chewing on a lemon fo sho
gotta love the jab at the tutorial usage. reminds of that one in Splinter Cell Conviction...thought about that the other night and just laughed out loud

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
A summary of 0:22 to 0:39, just in case anyone missed anything:

0:22 Benedict has sword.
0:25 Sword disappears..
0:26 Dick-Helmet begins the arduous task of raising his weapon. Our these guys see him doing this. They don't do anything about it.
0:29 Dick Helmet throws sword. Hits Benedict.
0:30 Sword disappears.
0:37 Scarlett's fingers sprout blood.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I was expecting a caps lock joke when Death said "MY DAUGHTER"

anybody else think it's overdue for a retro unskippable? Soul Blade for the Playstation was ripe with cheesyness. Or maybe that cell shaded shooter XIII.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
cardinalwiggles said:
i laughed heartily to the end text at the end.
I laughed at that too. I also laughed so hard I had to go back 20 seconds because the expression of her face was too hilarious. Actually all facial expressions here were hilarious.
I loved it when they pointed out that the fact that she met death was more accepted as reality than the death of Benedict. Seeing that the house she was sleeping in had a new window it should be pretty obvious that there was an attack on the village, but nothing indicated that she actually met death.
I've never seen a more stupid story in a story heavy game. I think this is my favourite Unskippable of all time.

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
So, umm, how does Benedict lie so flatly on his back with half a sword sticking out of it?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Revenge! Yeah, revenge, revenge!

"Whichever road you choose, your destination remains the same."

Branching. You're doing it wrong, Venetica.

And poor Benedict....what am I gonna have for breakfast NOW?

Graham_LRR said:
Sorry the update was late, we're not sure why. I don't actually control that :)
My guess is, the Escapist hamsters were trying to go on strike again.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Mydnyght said:
Revenge! Yeah, revenge, revenge!

"Whichever road you choose, your destination remains the same."

Branching. You're doing it wrong, Venetica.

And poor Benedict....what am I gonna have for breakfast NOW?
We'll always have Bacon!

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
I like how "Death" was perhaps sporting a possibly rockin' beard maybe. I don't know, he had that cowl on so he could be three children standing on each other's shoulders for all I know.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
I laughed too hard at the 'I normally just make up bullshit, and no ones ever called me on it' line.

sitnduck

Jan 15, 2011
Great one; ending text was awesome too! I really wish we could send you guys money directly. You deserve it. ;)

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
This pair of episodes were really, really funny guys. I'm not sure if it was me in a spectacular mood or these were some classic Unskippables, where I have laughed all the way through.
You two make my week worthwhile, thanks.