Unskippable: Viking

Disco110

Sep 27, 2009
The Infamous Scamola said:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.
damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is, tis disgraceful! you turkish pigs! he sounds nothin like Ian McKellen

hehe Haduken!

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
I thought the best line had to be the mother joke at the beginning. Done well, they never get old.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Disco110 said:
damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is
We're Canadian, and we know who he is, we just chose not to make that joke.
Clearly it would have been the obvious joke, since everyone is shitting themselves over it.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Stabby Joe said:
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Stabby Joe said:
Waffledragon33 said:
great job guys
Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!
I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.
That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.
Hmmm, I was rather fond of the DW games that had the fortress aspect that you had to overcome so this just intrigues me more. However, I might be posting a thread about fixing game series.
Basically when you start to a battle you have to seek and destroy enemy shamans, warlords or giants to advance to the next phase of battle like scaling walls, breaking through gates or storming the courtyard etc. The only connection to DW is theres a lot of enemies really.

RexoftheFord

Sep 28, 2009
Yeah, I may be one of these stupid Americans mentioned above. But at least I have enough of a grasp on the language of English to realize that this person has spelled straight wrong.

I had to go look up Brian Blessed. And realized that he's from one of my favorite shows, Black Adder; I just didn't know his name.

Plus, I hate how I'm always lumped in with the entirety of my country as being stupid for not knowing much of pop culture outside of my country. Hell, I don't even have a telly and am completely lost as to my own country's pop culture. But at least I try to find out when I don't know something. I don't just blow you up because I don't get your ways.

Sledgimus

Aug 15, 2008
GrahamS said:
Disco110 said:
damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is
We're Canadian, and we know who he is, we just chose not to make that joke.
Clearly it would have been the obvious joke, since everyone is shitting themselves over it.
Brian Blessed is serious business. I don't think anywhere near as many people would have minded if you'd made a joke at Ian McKellen's expense.

Oh, and if you do apologise to Brian, do it from a distance. I dread to think of the damage his voice could do up front.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
'Hadouken!'

That totally caught me off guard. Was not expecting that at all, and I laughed quite a bit.

Well Done, guys, well done.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Ah the old hadouken joke...

But still no "and that was the [insert relevant number]th time I died"? D:

Ah well, epic however.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
quite a nice game, I suggest a rental for those who like the run around in 3rd person and command units around you hack and slash.

Also when will Americans stop portraying Hel as a realm of evil? all Hel is is the death realm for those who didn´t die in combat, so stop trying to connected it with the Christian Hell