Unused Historical Periods?

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
ultrachicken said:
The battle of Troy?
Actually, that has potential to be great.
Age of Mythology.
How about French Revolution? Guillotiney deliciousness!

Maverick Siragusa

May 5, 2010
ultrachicken said:
The battle of Troy?
we could make the horse shoot bullets at the Trojans from its eyes,and fly with rocket boosters. we will you the same logic as those guys who made damnation.

i learned so much history from that game

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
Spainish Civil War is also quite unused.
oooohhh that sounds like it'd be interesting.
ultrachicken said:
The battle of Troy? Actually, that has potential to be great.
*cough cough* Age of Mythology if you count RTS's (that aren't Empire Earth or Civilization) *cough cough*

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
llafnwod said:
Wildrow12 said:
You know what we need? A Dynasty Warriors style game set during the Hundred Years War.
Oh Christ. That game does not need more archers.
They got one like that called Bladestorm. I think it might be made by the same people as Dynasty Warriors. It's similar except u play a mercenary and the combat is more squad based.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Kair said:
What about Shogun 2 Total War that was announced yesterday?
... *runs to wiki before he can finish this post, shouting back something that sounds like a thankyou*

OT: The aftermath of 4000 years before a long time ago? I wanna find out what the hell happened with Revan and my internet sucks so TOR is a no go.
I'm not sure if the crusades have had any games more personal than the Total War series. Really, it's difficult saying that Total War dealt with any historical things because you're changing history with it so damn much. The crusades in mine took upwards of a century until the glorious English Empire launched God's Own Navy at Jerusulam and took it with massed Knight Hospitalar. This was after conquering all of western Europe.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Wildrow12 said:
You know what we need? A Dynasty Warriors style game set during the Hundred Years War.
I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic? But there is already one, bladestorm or something..

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I know it's been covered by RTS games, but I'd really like to see an RPG or something set in the late years of the Roman Empire. Nero's reign, perhaps? I think there's a lot of story that could be told in a self-imploding empire.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Kair said:

completely off topic

OHMYGODAREYOUFUCKING serious?! OHYESRARAGHAGHAGAAAAA
I came

Back on topic

Russian side of the napoleonic era

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
LGC Pominator said:
Kair said:

completely off topic

OHMYGODAREYOUFUCKING serious?! OHYESRARAGHAGHAGAAAAA
I came

Back on topic

Russian side of the napoleonic era
In Napoleon Total War you can play as any of the coalition nations, including Russia, in the fight against Napoleon.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Darth_Dude said:
Wildrow12 said:
I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic? But there is already one, bladestorm or something..
Ok, allow me to rephrase: a GOOD Dynasty Warriors style game set during the Hundred Years War.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
I never see games in world war I or the hundred years (a good one), i mean why the hell not.

Also ancient china, i mean come on, they had massive ships, Mines, firework rockets, flamethrowers, martial arts and automatic crossbows and yet i still have not heard of a game on ancient china. I mean, Theres dynasty warriors but meh, they don't include a lot of stuff like ships and rockets, as far as i'm aware. (Correct me if i'm wrong, ive only played 4).

I think some rts' may have some aspects of these, but never a game based on them.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I wonder how plausible a Vietnam War game would be? There aren't any games that I know of that deal with that subject. It'd take some serious balls for a developer to make a game like that, though.
"Gritty" wouldn't even begin to describe it...

Andrewd96

Aug 30, 2009
A game where your a spartan and you get to kick the asses of other greeks and some persians it would be awesome

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
ultrachicken said:
The battle of Troy?
They're already making that, It's a hack 'n slash called Warriors: Legends of Troy

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Wildrow12 said:
Darth_Dude said:
Wildrow12 said:
Ok, allow me to rephrase: a GOOD Dynasty Warriors style game set during the Hundred Years War.
Eh, I thought the demo was decent. But the whole japanese thing never hit it with me.
666Chaos said:
Da snakeman said:
I wonder how plausible a Vietnam War game would be? There aren't any games that I know of that deal with that subject. It'd take some serious balls for a developer to make a game like that, though.
"Gritty" wouldn't even begin to describe it...
It would have to be an fps and im sure people dont like to make FPS games on wars they clearly lost. It would kind of be like the germans making a ww2 game. How would it end anyways other then you just get recalled or die at the end, Although it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to make it out like they won. I think the next cod black ops is supposed to have some missions in vietnam though, not a whole game but a few missions.
I think there was been a few games about that, I remeber playing a game that was part of the "Conflict" series on the ps2.