Update: A Rocky Start For The War Z

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
To think that I once considered getting this game, glad I waited. The whole development of this game has been one scandal after another.
At least Valve responded quick and people can get a refund.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
IamLEAM1983 said:
Titov: "Okay... How much money was I able to rake in before the Valve Police kicked the doors in? This much? Well, that'll do. So long, Hammerpoint suckers, I'm off to get hookers and blow!"

Hammerpoint employees: *ka-sob*

Average Gamer: *is probably reminded of Elwood Bartlett's Kickstarter campaign*

If Titov seriously sticks around, he's in for a few years of serious work. Not that he seems inclined to consider it; ripping content left and right is so much more effective a game design process, right?
I am really hoping in this case that Valve, like most such merchants has at a minimum a few days time before payments are sent or posted to the vender. At least long enough to insure that fraud isn't occurring. Their bank would probably insist on it. so there is a good chance that Sergei has not seen an actual dime yet.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
saintdane05 said:
So I guess the WarZ...

...is over. We can send the troops home.
Shortest. war. ever.

To sum up this entire situation quite accurately...

"It's over. A lot of people look pissed."

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Beryl77 said:
To think that I once considered getting this game, glad I waited. The whole development of this game has been one scandal after another.
At least Valve responded quick and people can get a refund.
Doesnt absolve Valve of the fact that they let this garbage on their marketplace in the first place in much the same way Apple can't be allowed to get away with lettin blatant ripoffs onto their app store.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
faefrost said:
I am really hoping in this case that Valve, like most such merchants has at a minimum a few days time before payments are sent or posted to the vendor. At least long enough to insure that fraud isn't occurring. Their bank would probably insist on it, so there is a good chance that Sergei has not seen an actual dime yet.
I really hope this is true.

What saddens me even more is that the Community Hub for the game still exists and is still occupied in part by apologists. I see these people going "Give Hammerpoint a chance, it's not even an Alpha yet!" and I'm reminded of how I used to be a Flagship Studios apologist, back in Hellgate London's halcyon days.

Boy, did I ever learn from my mistakes...

Sorry, nope. If the guy helming this was the main programmer for Big Rigs, I have about zero hope for the project. Zero.

Aeryn Seoung

Aug 21, 2009
Give them a chance? Hahahahaaa. It's like they don't even realise that they've pretty much tarnished the image of the game (And the studio) permanently.

What made me laugh the most browsing through the community pages of the game was those screenshots of people trying to get refunds and Hammerpoint pretty much threatening to blacklist their paypal if they did so. It makes me glad that people who brought it through steam aren't going to have to go through this, as opposed to those who brought it off the site.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
And now we have armies of The War Z apologists. People siding blindly with Sergey Titov and his studio and saying that yes, yes, everyone who bought the game and didn't like it is an idiot who can't read, or a bad gamer who can't play the game (never mind there are -no- tutorials at all). Or who try to convince people who don't wish to play it that they are dead wrong, that it is easily the best zombie game on the market or at the very least not worse than DayZ, the free mod that is admittedly still in an alpha stage.

These guys must be like those wives who keep on going back to their husbands no matter how much abuse they receive from them.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Aeryn Seoung said:
Give them a chance? Hahahahaaa. It's like they don't even realise that they've pretty much tarnished the image of the game (And the studio) permanently.

What made me laugh the most browsing through the community pages of the game was those screenshots of people trying to get refunds and Hammerpoint pretty much threatening to blacklist their paypal if they did so. It makes me glad that people who brought it through steam aren't going to have to go through this, as opposed to those who brought it off the site.
I've seen a handful of botched launches on Steam. But in every case I can remember, the devs were quick to respond, admit fault and begin working on fixes immediately. But even then in the case of botched launches, it usually boiled down to glaring technical problems. Not complete lies and deceit. The way Hammerpoint handled this entire thing is shocking.

Aside from the paypal blacklist threats, there's devs calling people in-game "faggots", rampant banning of anyone who dares complain about their game, ignoring all people who are asking for refunds, deletion of concise and intelligent threads that list every factual problem the game has and points out lies within the game features. Going so far as to spill over their abuse of power to the Steam discussions.

Then Titov gets caught saying things like "93% of our customers are happy with the game" "People misread our game features" - "where in fact they imagined something to themselves without checking details first."

Oh, and then the game was patched after the launch and in the middle of the shitstorm, to QUADRUPLE respawn time to a whopping 4-goddamned hours. Unless you pay the devs extra money to spawn immediately.

The devs behind this game sound like truly awful people.

Not only do I not want to spend money on War Z. But I NEVER want to play anything these people put out.

Reginald

May 9, 2012
Sergey sure puts the 'tit' in Titov. Is there going to be a future for him in the business? I don't know how this stuff works.