[Update] Blizzard Exploring Diablo-Related Concepts for Consoles

JaysonM

Sep 29, 2010
I would get this over the PC version =D

To bad if they do release it, that it would probably be a year or 2 after the PC version..

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
ciortas1 said:
SomethingAmazing said:
But I am talking about Diablo 3? Unless all the spells are targeted directionally and the inventory system will suddenly be gone, I can't conceive the console version being adequate.

But, even if it won't, people will buy it, and yes, Blizzard will lick anyone's balls for a drop of extra profit nowadays it seems *cough* Starcraft2nolandictatorshipbnetcensorshipadolfhitler *cough*
John Funk said:
tehroc said:
Pulllease! Diablo 1 played just fine on PS1, and plenty of other games in the genre have played great too. Why can't other PC users besides myself coexist with consoles?

Give it up ActiBlizz, Torchlight smokes Diablo all day long. Hell even Dungeon Siege (which the second game was the best hacknslash game by far, except treasure was a little overboard) crushes your pathetic hack and slasher.
As someone who's actually played Diablo III? I loved Torchlight. I *loved* Torchlight. The Runic guys are a class act, and I'm looking forward to TL2 like whoa.

It's no Diablo 3.
Agreed, I really looking forward to TL2, but it is no Diablo 3. In TL the skill system is a bit too shallow, and tons of bug in skill and items.

vanthebaron

Sep 16, 2010
We alread have Diablo for non pc game systems, it called Baldur's gate: Dark Alliance. (yes i have read the other comments, yes I think you guys are being moronic to think a spinoff can't work)

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
John Funk said:

A collection of job offers on the Blizzard site indicates that Diablo III may be on its way to your living room, and not just your computer.
I love how " Blizzard Exploring Diablo-Related Concepts for Consoles" is translated to "Diablo 3 to console, maybe?"

When in fact thats not what they are saying at all...

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
A well done Diablo style game has already been done for consoles and it's called Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. Understandably you won't have all the quick switch spells and whatnot at your fingertips but neither does a standard PC player (without significant peripheral upgrades).

I think it'd be pretty fair to say that the console version of Diablo style controls is in fact twin stick shooter style. Each of the triggers simply becomes one of 4 different abilities and the right stick becomes your mouse pointer. D-pad and T3 buttons to switch your 4 button combo and you're pretty much there. It's nearly as efficient as WASD with standard mouse.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!.... that makes no FREAKING sense at all... Jay Wilson said on the Q&A on BlizzCon 2010 that diablo wouldnt come on consoles because it wouldnt work out... so i reeeeally dont believe this..

Chamzaboogie

Mar 29, 2010
Mhh, so they will have to add Battle.net for consoles as well, or will they let a part of their community outside of their gaming platform?

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
So much yes! I'd love to play Diabolo 3, but I don't have a high end (or remotely close) PC.

This would be great. I'd buy it. If you're reading this, Blizzard, I may even buy it twice. Or three times.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
John Funk said:
I'd personally be wary about how such a port might work. Part of the charm of the Diablo series is the rapid-fire carpal-tunnel-inducing "click on everything forever" style of gameplay, a style that is very much at home [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104652-BlizzCon-2010-Diablo-III-Demon-Hunter-Hands-On] in the sequel as it exists now. How does that work with a thumbstick and face buttons?
consider an autolock bumper/trigger button. click, locks nearest foe, face button to attack, rinse repeat. I can see it still being a click everything all the time kinda game. say right trigger for foes, and left trigger for loot. :D

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Knowing Blizzard's production schedule that comes out to what, one game every other console generation?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Aurgelmir said:
John Funk said:

A collection of job offers on the Blizzard site indicates that Diablo III may be on its way to your living room, and not just your computer.
I love how " Blizzard Exploring Diablo-Related Concepts for Consoles" is translated to "Diablo 3 to console, maybe?"

If you'll read, you'll notice that the original post was written before Blizzard's announcement. In the interests of transparency, the original post is preserved as-is with an update. :)

Apr 7, 2010
"and the more people that get to play it on the Xbox 720 and PS4 when it eventually comes out in 2018, the better." Now that's a good article, right there!

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
John Funk said:
Aurgelmir said:
John Funk said:

If you'll read, you'll notice that the original post was written before Blizzard's announcement. In the interests of transparency, the original post is preserved as-is with an update. :)
Ah, well maybe putting the Update in the beginning of the text :) so not to seem confused :) (Like every other game related site is)

Cause Blizzard is more or less denying it will be Diablo