Update: Call of Duty: Ghosts Has 50 GB Install

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
somonels said:
1GB = 1000MB (1024 but we'll go with simplicity and generosity)
thus if
50MB = 2m
then
50GB would take
(50MB = 2m) * 1000
considering 1m = 1 / 60h
2000m / 60 = 33.3(3)h

that would be 33 HOURS
True on paper false in reality. This is due to download acceleration that happens. when you start download you dont isntantly go to 50mbps. you start with 100kb, then 200, then 300 and so on. thus the smaller the file the lower its average download size will be and thats why speedtests actually keep traffic open for tens of seconds and not 1. of course low distance to the server and godo fiber optics help to speed this up immensely, but it can still be seen. so when downloading 50 mb you would very likely have your average speed of download at half or even less considering its 2 minutes download. also you have to account for the server load serverside, which equals out more or less on long downloads.

I have experienced 50 MBs being downloaded for couple minutes and 30 GB movies download in 2 hours. it happens.

Silvershock

Jul 12, 2013
I love how a link has already been posted in this thread detailing how these specs aren't actually correct, and then two more pages of people complaining about having to use the cheapest, most abundant resource in a PC.

Fumbles

Apr 15, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Fucking christ, excuse me?
That's coming up to MMO size. Hell, that's bigger than older MMOs, what the fuck's using all that space?
The fish A.I /s

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

O.T I'm pretty sure that is bigger than almost all of the MMOs, minus WoW of course.