UPDATE: E3: Microsoft Touts Exclusive DLC Deals

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Terramax said:
So this is what it's come to. Game companies can no longer afford exclusive games, so they have exclusivity for half games XD

Seriously though, I can't see PS3 only owners going out of their way to buy a 360 for a few bits of dlc. People who really prefer the PS3 are just going to wait a bit longer for it.
Heh, it's not even exclusivity for half games. It's temporary exclusivity for, like, a couple of multiplayer maps or a shiny new gun or something.

Whoracle said:
Seriously, PS3 and PC gamers should be thankful for this. That way, we're forced to wait for the DLC, at which point in time enough reviews'll be out to judge the quality at least somewhat accurately. Always look at the bright side and stuff ;)
You make a good point, fine sir/madam!

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Even though I only play games on my 360 and therefore can take advantage of these timed DLC releases, all I can think of is "Who cares?". I really don't see how it's such a horrible inconvenience to wait an additional few days or even weeks. Surely there are other things to keep non-360 users pre-occupied? Right?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Kheapathic said:
thebobmaster said:
Everyone upset about Microsoft doing this, I have a question. If it was Sony instead of Microsoft, would you be calling Sony greedy, or calling them $ony?
I can't speak for everyone, but I would (even though I don't do the stupid dollar sign stuff). Paying to get exclusive content first is shady as fuck and it's annoying to see talk of DLC before the games are even out.
Yeah I'm pretty much with you on this. Thew worst was Fallout 3.

OH HEY GAIZ YOU'RE NOT GETTING DLC TILL THE GOTY EDITION COMES OUT!!!

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I've got an XBox 360 and this pisses me off, since I sometimes get games on other platforms and will now have to wait longer for DLC for those games.

Well... I'm just thinking of Dawnguard in particular really.

Then again, I'm having fun playing around with mods on my PC version of Skyrim, so I guess it balances out :)