Update: Halo Trilogy Appears and Then Vanishes From Steam Database

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I'm by no means a huge halo fan, but you'd have a hard time convincing me that any multiplayer shooter has ever had more solid map design than Halo 3. Sure there were a few that nobody likes to talk about, but damn if some of those maps aren't infinitely approaching perfection...

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
FFP2 said:
Kapol said:
Because 3 was never released on PC. It's made no real sense to have 1 and 2 on PC, then just skip to 4. Reach could possibly work since it's not directly involved, but PC gamers would still be missing out on 3.

I personally hope it's true. Halo 1 was one of my favorite LAN games back in high school and it'd be nice to be able to pick it up again through Steam, plus I'd be able to play with my PC friends. The official Steam Group gives me a bit more hope even if it seems odd. But I'm going to wait to see on this one.
But the people that like Halo 3 already have Halo 3 on th 360... It just doesn't seem finacially viable to me.

I hope it's real too... I miss old school shooters.
I'm guessing that Microsoft had already ported Halo 3 to PC back in 2007 or 2008, but when it realized that it didn't have a solid PC distribution platform for it, they scrapped it. Now that they have relegated GFWL to pretty much just being a second overlay on top of Steam, the partnership makes some sense.

Also, shooters from 2007 don't exactly fare poorly on Steam at all...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
FFP2 said:
Kapol said:
Because 3 was never released on PC. It's made no real sense to have 1 and 2 on PC, then just skip to 4. Reach could possibly work since it's not directly involved, but PC gamers would still be missing out on 3.

I personally hope it's true. Halo 1 was one of my favorite LAN games back in high school and it'd be nice to be able to pick it up again through Steam, plus I'd be able to play with my PC friends. The official Steam Group gives me a bit more hope even if it seems odd. But I'm going to wait to see on this one.
But the people that like Halo 3 already have Halo 3 on th 360... It just doesn't seem finacially viable to me.

Well that would be all right but playing it on 360 would be without mouse aim, that just completely changes the feel of the game. People who played and enjoyed Halo 1 and Halo 2 on PC have been waiting a long time to "finish the fight" with the control scheme they know and love.

And it is VERY financially viable, these games are cheap to port from Xbox 360 to PC, IF you have access to the source code and assets, which Microsoft have and independent modders do not have. It can be ported by literally a van-load of medium skilled programmers in a short time, and then it can make millions of dollars in sales.

See it doesn't HAVE to sell as well as the xbox 360 version, because that already sold well and made up the development costs.

A PC port would only have to break even from the cost of PORTING the game. Which is NOT extremely expensive nor even time consuming, all it takes is for Microsoft to authorise it.

I'd also really like to see Gears of War 2 + 3 as well. That's another Microsoft owned IP where the first bit of a series was on PC but the rest were console exclusive.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
What the Fuck? WHAT THE Fu-what? Seriously? Well, I'll be diddly damned. I would love to pick up halo again except on my PC. Please be true, would be excited :3.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I still have my Halo Custom Edition, and it is still glorious. But having the others would be nice too.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
FFP2 said:

It's not about who likes it, it's about those who haven't played it. Considering the story would be missing a large chunk to PC games who don't have a console if they skipped straight from 2 to 4, and the fact that any PC gamer who hasn't played Halo for whatever reason would miss the game entirely, it would be odd if they simply skipped it's PC release for 4. The reason I said Reach might work is because it's disconnected from the Halo story already.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Never really cared about the Halo games when they came out, I might pick them up if they make it to Steam (and go on sale eventually, of course). I mean, might as well: They're a pretty big part of the way FPS's evolved. That said, seems unlikely that this is happening. I'm sure Microsoft would make Halo 3 going on PC a pretty big event, not something that accidentally appears on Steam Database. As pointed out above, Quantum Conundrum 2 doesn't seem too likely either, the first one didn't do that well (Unless it's been announced and I somehow managed to completely miss the news, which isn't beyond me).

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
It appears as though the Halo Trilogy has been

*puts on sunglasses*

...vaporized
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok this made me chuckle. lol

Please o please let this be the death of GFWL!

Apr 25, 2009
I'm more excited about Super House of Dead Ninjas! Holy shit that game was awesome! One of the best examples of game design I have ever seen.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
As much as I hated Halo on the PC, it would be really nice to see it's matchmaking being done through Steam, because the dedicated servers are run by complete racists.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
DVS BSTrD said:
It appears as though the Halo Trilogy has been

*puts on sunglasses*

...vaporized
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok this made me chuckle. lol

Please o please let this be the death of GFWL!
Nah they'll probably use GFWL so you have to have a gold account to play matchmaking.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I still have my Halo Custom Edition, and it is still glorious. But having the others would be nice too.
CMT mod in Halo CE is amazing. Not quite the graphics of Anniversary, Reach, or 4. But it makes them akin to 3 but with a little bit from Halo 2 PC.

Although it does add Brutes, BR, SMG, and such to the game alongside all the covie weapons in 3.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i would love to see the halo series on steam. they dont even need to be hd remakes. it seemed like a somewhat interesting story but i never played it because i cant stand playing shooters on a console, even 3rd person shooters

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
post="7.400117.16434769" said:
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Fast and Furious 6
Cut the Rope
Quantum Conundrum 2
I'm so excited for that Octadad! I'm also glad i'll finally be able to check out cut the rope because I lack a smartphone. I'm really glad that Quantum Conundrum is getting a sequel.

What the hell is Fast and Furious 6? Is it some obscure Software, are they now finally looking to make a game of the franchise or are they looking to bring movies to steam?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
TAKE ALL OF MY YES!!! SPECIALLY HALO CE!

I recently went on a nostalgia trip and watched all the Halo CE custscenes with the Anniversary edition of the game, and i went back. Waaaaay back. I really, really hope that Halo has a slight chance of popping up on Steam. At the very least, Halo CE!

Pleaseeeeeeeeee?! For my birthday!?

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Klonoa Prower said:
If that screen grab is all the evidence you have to support this... then it's really not all that much, since something like that could be easily edited to show that any game might have been on Steam's database. And then all of a sudden removing that information? That seems silly suspicious to me.
Nope, it was there, someone posted about it in the gaming discussion shortly after the leak surfaced and I checked immediately, was able to get onto the Halo 3 hub, and in the perfect style of the internet it was just full of spammers and trolls typing misspelt all caps rage comments and the like, but it was definitely there.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Well Microsoft just cancelled this good idea. I think they might release it through Games for Windows Live.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
I'll be honest.. i would be excited to get halo 3 and play it multiplayer on my pc..

I just wish they ported over red dead redemption.... :(

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
Halo 3 on PC, With true HD, several hundred FPS, and Modded Multiplayer maps? Dear god Yes

All of my yes

(It just better have all the DLC and not be Full price)

EDIT: Damnit MS, why cant you see you'd make a (even bigger) fortune having this on PC too?

heroicbob

Aug 25, 2010
im hoping this means they have finally given up on games for windows live i bought one game and was forced to use it, never again