Update: Halo Trilogy Appears and Then Vanishes From Steam Database

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
Oh, god. Quantum Conundrum is getting a sequel? Really? I mean, I'll admit that I've played worse games, but I've never seen a design decision as stupid as making a puzzle game that mostly consists of reflex-based execution challenges instead of, you know, puzzles.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Halo 2 multiplayer may make a comeback (it already has a PC version, but I doubt many people remember it exists). Were those King of Fighters titles ever on the PC before? I kind of doubt it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Halo 3 for PC with offline split-screen multiplayer and all DLC included might get some of my money, if not all of it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wait, what??? halo 3 will come out for pc??? damn, about time if its true. still pissed off that they left us pc gamers in the rain with the first 2 games and we have to hear from the xboxers how it ends.
duke nukem sounds great as well.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
-Second Life (I can see the appeal, but it doesn't appeal directly)
-Angry Birds Space/Seasons (no standard? Well, it's moving up in the world, at any rate)
-The King of Fighters '98, 2002, XIII (heck yeah! I've wanted to play KoF for a while. I'll probably suck at it, but still)
-La-Mulana (I already bought it on GoG, and I would buy it again on Steam if I was someone who did that regularly)
-Fez (hmm...apparently, Microhard's exclusivity just ended)
-Halo CE, 2 and 3 (speaking of...it's possible that they're just trying to spread it around by saying 'we're not doing this, really')
-Resident Evil: Revelations (that got a PC version?)
-Quantum Conundrum 2 (I didn't know it did well enough for a sequel)
-Everything else (not really interested, though it's nice to see a few more games on Steam)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Halo community coming to PCs? even LOL does not have servers big enough to put all the idiots in, they will leak :(

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Aww that sucks, I would by Halo 3 on PC in a heartbeat but it seems like it isn't to be

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Fappy said:
Halo 2 multiplayer may make a comeback (it already has a PC version, but I doubt many people remember it exists).
I couldn't even tell you how happy this would make me. I loved that multiplayer. Especially the CTF rule set.

Come on Microsoft, you have nothing to lose. Do it!

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
If ODST gets put on PC, I would gladly purchase it.

Akratus said:
The real question here is why Microsoft would want anything to do with steam?
Why not? It's a service that many people use despite being a form of DRM. Unless they want 100% of the income from the sales, they have nothing to lose.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Akratus said:
Lovely Mixture said:
If ODST gets put on PC, I would gladly purchase it.

Akratus said:
The real question here is why Microsoft would want anything to do with steam?
Why not? It's a service that many people use despite being a form of DRM. Unless they want 100% of the income from the sales, they have nothing to lose.
Besides siding with a competitor to GFWL?
More sales for them regardless. Some people flat out refuse GFWL.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Akratus said:
But companies aren't that smart!
Ok, fair enough.

Akratus said:
What is it opposite day?! They'd jam some dlc's, drm, exclusives etc. into gfwl, and market the shit out of it, not side with a competing service because you find it better!
Well I'm not doubting that, and I'm not saying they are going to try to appeal to everyone, but I'm just saying that there aren't any truly negative economic factors that are stopping them from doing so.

Akratus said:
I personally would love for microsoft and other companies to jump onto steam, but that seemed impossible just 2 days ago!

Well Microsoft Game Studios already has a couple titles on Steam, so it wouldn't be completely out of the blue.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
FFP2 said:
Quantum Conundrum 2
Wait, it did well enough to get a sequel? Yay!

I don't see the point in Halo 3 being on there... Isn't it like 4 games old? Why not put 4/Reach?
My guess (assuming of course that this is truly happening)? Microsoft is done milking Halo 3. They can put it on the PC without having to fear losing a selling point. Reach and 4 are too new for that.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
So I got a lot of people that quoted me... Just wanna say that I understand the situation a bit better now so thanks:)

MS should do the Cross-buy system that Sony does. Buy GoW: Judgement for 360 and get it on PC for free. Only for games that MS publishes/develops though. I'm sure it will give them massive goodwill from both 360 and PC gamers.