UPDATE: Its Another Fire Emblem Character for Smash...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
Dante from Devil May cry. He's literally the reason Bayonetta exsist. Now I have to get a copy of smash ultimate. I see many Dante vs. Bayonetta matches. And I suspect Max_Dood and his crew are going to do Dante vs. Dante vs.Dante vs. Dante in 4-8 player matches.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
CoCage said:
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
Dante from Devil May cry. He's literally the reason Bayonetta. Now I have to get a copy of smash ultimate. I see mini Dante vs. Bayonetta matches. And I suspect Max_Doos and his crew are going to do Dante vs. Dante vs.Dante in 4-8 player matches.
Literally who?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yoshi178 said:
CoCage said:
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
Dante from Devil May cry. He's literally the reason Bayonetta. Now I have to get a copy of smash ultimate. I see mini Dante vs. Bayonetta matches. And I suspect Max_Doos and his crew are going to do Dante vs. Dante vs.Dante in 4-8 player matches.
Literally who?
Google that shit, genius!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
And the whoring of Smash continues... :(

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hawki said:
You're wrong. Smash is a celebration of games, game characters, and gamers of all types or generations. Smash and fighting games have always been about legacy since the mid to late 90s. Legacy, Hawki. Legacy.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Hawki said:
What. A. LOAD. If anyone is "whoring" it's CAPCOM. At this point Smash is a premier series to get a character in because of the enormous exposure it provides. It's a celebration of gaming itself.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Lufia Erim said:
OH please be DONTE from Dmc: devil may cry. The rage would be amazing.
Disqualified due to being in the Sony ripoff game that nobody talks about anymore other than to mock it

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Aiddon said:
Hawki said:
What. A. LOAD. If anyone is "whoring" it's CAPCOM. At this point Smash is a premier series to get a character in because of the enormous exposure it provides. It's a celebration of gaming itself.
Even if Capcom pitched it, Nintendo accepted.

Nintendo has a plenthora of IPs, many of which have no playable characters in Smash. Even if we're to accept that Smash has gone from "a celebration of Nintendo" to "a celebration of gaming," it's still a shift that occurred.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Aiddon said:
Hawki said:
Even if Capcom pitched it, Nintendo accepted.
you mean a company wants to make money? how dare they!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Yoshi178 said:
That's a weak argument. All companies exist to make money. If I used that as an excuse to justify Activision laying off hundreds of workers because they didn't earn as much money as they wanted to (which actually happened), would anyone accept that?

Not that this is anywhere near as egregious, but when a series starts out as being based on Nintendo properties, and slowly shifts away from that for financial gain, neglecting its own properties, are you surprised that some might be miffed? Imagine if Heroes of the Storm started using non-Blizzard characters, or Sega Superstars started using non-Sega characters, or Kingdom Hearts started using characters outside Disney and Final Fantasy, or...okay, I'm not going to list every crossover game/series, but, what, a Nintendo crossover series stops being a Nintendo crossover series and we're meant to say "move on, nothing to see here?"

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Hawki said:
Yoshi178 said:
That's a weak argument. All companies exist to make money. If I used that as an excuse to justify Activision laying off hundreds of workers because they didn't earn as much money as they wanted to (which actually happened), would anyone accept that?

Not that this is anywhere near as egregious, but when a series starts out as being based on Nintendo properties, and slowly shifts away from that for financial gain, neglecting its own properties, are you surprised that some might be miffed? Imagine if Heroes of the Storm started using non-Blizzard characters, or Sega Superstars started using non-Sega characters, or Kingdom Hearts started using characters outside Disney and Final Fantasy, or...okay, I'm not going to list every crossover game/series, but, what, a Nintendo crossover series stops being a Nintendo crossover series and we're meant to say "move on, nothing to see here?"
Nintendo has already included pretty much all of their major 1st party mascots from Mario and Link to Ness and Samus.

and at this point most of the Nintendo characters they can add would be either lesser known support characters from franchise's like King Dedede from Kirby or EXTREMELEY obscure protagonist's like Chibi-Robo. when Smash 64 released hardly anyone knew who Samus was and i can guarantee you that even less people know who the hell Ridley is.

while Nintendo will still incude their own characters from time to, including popular 3rd party characters like Cloud from Final Fantasy, Snake from MGS and Ryu from Street Fighter, is both an effective and easy way for Nintendo to make money. weak argument or not.

besides, a lot of the third party characters they're included were already heavily requested by the fans anyway like how people begged Nintendo to add Sonic to Smash so they did. i don't see how making the type of crossover game that people want is a bad thing just because it evolved from being only about Nintendo character to being about characters from all of gaming.

Oct 22, 2011
Apparently some more Smash oriented people argue that it doesn't need more sword fighters? But fuck it, Wacky Woohoo Pizza Cowboy deserves a spotlight.
Hawki said:
The "whoring" made Smash much more present for general gamer audiences. I'm not playing Smash, but lots of people i know do, and reveals of new fighters are an occasion for a wholesome celebration based around this hobby. Something that even E3 or TGA can't do.
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
Literally who?
Which Fire Emblem game is he from again?
Wow, i can't possibly fathom why'd anyone think of you as an obnoxious git?