UPDATE: Its Another Fire Emblem Character for Smash...

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Hawki said:
Even if Capcom pitched it, Nintendo accepted.

Nintendo has a plenthora of IPs, many of which have no playable characters in Smash. Even if we're to accept that Smash has gone from "a celebration of Nintendo" to "a celebration of gaming," it's still a shift that occurred.
Nintendo accepted because it clearly seemed like fun. Plus if Dante is in it, we finally get the Bayonetta-Dante match up people have been clamoring for for YEARS. That alone is worth it

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
I'm sorry, how do you not know about Dante or Devil May Cry if you've been playing video games in the last 15 years?

An insanely popular character from a very influential action series that just had a major comeback with new release last year?

CaitSeith said:
Elvis Starburst said:
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
Literally who?
Which Fire Emblem game is he from again?
Cmon dude, really?
Now I know why the minimum required content policy used to exist; and if it comes back, we all know who to blame...
I really miss those days, when this forum was worth coming to more than maybe once or twice a month. Because at least there was a constant influx of people and there always interesting conversations going on.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Well its pretty clear the escapist members don't involve themselves with the smash community much if at all

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
Well its pretty clear the escapist members don't involve themselves with the smash community much if at all
So, inform us what the Smash community has to say about this that actually means diddly dick. Cause if everyone in the Smash community is having a collective aneurysm over the possibility of Dante getting in then I don't think there's any actual problem here

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Aiddon said:
Lufia Erim said:
OH please be DONTE from Dmc: devil may cry. The rage would be amazing.
Disqualified due to being in the Sony ripoff game that nobody talks about anymore other than to mock it
Wait , Donte was in playstation all stars battle royale?!? ( Man that's a mouthfull).

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Lufia Erim said:
Aiddon said:
Lufia Erim said:
OH please be DONTE from Dmc: devil may cry. The rage would be amazing.
Disqualified due to being in the Sony ripoff game that nobody talks about anymore other than to mock it
Wait , Donte was in playstation all stars battle royale?!? ( Man that's a mouthfull).
Not surprised you forgot about that since people forgot the game ever existed

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Zeraki said:
Yoshi178 said:
literally who?
I'm sorry, how do you not know about Dante or Devil May Cry if you've been playing video games in the last 15 years?

An insanely popular character from a very influential action series that just had a major comeback with new release last year?
Yeah, but he hasn't been an influential character on Nintendo consoles, therefore Yoshi either doesn't know him, doesn't care for him, is mad at him because he never came to his favorite console, or is just trolling.

It's hard to tell where the genuine close mindedness ends and trolling begins with this one.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are just trolling, but I am curious as to the reasoning behind it; comedic value, trying to make some point, spite?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Elvis Starburst said:
Yoshi178 said:
So, inform us what the Smash community has to say about this that actually means diddly dick. Cause if everyone in the Smash community is having a collective aneurysm over the possibility of Dante getting in then I don't think there's any actual problem here
for ages people have been saying "Literally who" whenever someone makes a prediction about who they think will be added as a fighter to smash next. they do it because it's either a very niche character and/or they simply just don't care about the character.

for example when people were predicting Erdrick for Dragon Quest. Dragon is extremely niche in the west and alot of people don't know who that is. and people even called an extremely famous character like Banjo-Kazooie a "literally who" simply because they just don't care about the bear an bird and would rather someone like Minecraft Steve get in. "Literally who?" is a meme.

as for Fire Emblem. that's another meme. people have bitched and moaned about Generic Anime Swordsman from Fire Emblem ever since smash 4 when people got sick of them adding FE sword fighters like Robin and Lucina to the game and then when they added Corrin to the roster, that only added fuel to that fire.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Yoshi178 said:
Elvis Starburst said:
Yoshi178 said:
for ages people have been saying "Literally who" whenever someone makes a prediction about who they think will be added as a fighter to smash next. they do it because it's either a very niche character and/or they simply just don't care about the character.

for example when people were predicting Erdrick for Dragon Quest. Dragon is extremely niche in the west and alot of people don't know who that is. and people even called an extremely famous character like Banjo-Kazooie a "literally who" simply because they just don't care about the bear an bird and would rather someone like Minecraft Steve get in. "Literally who?" is a meme.

as for Fire Emblem. that's another meme. people have bitched and moaned about Generic Anime Swordsman from Fire Emblem ever since smash 4 when people got sick of them adding FE sword fighters like Robin and Lucina to the game and then when they added Corrin to the roster, that only added fuel to that fire.
And Chrome in Ultimate as a last troll move.

But the Dragon Quest Hero ain't no mere Generic Anime Swordsman, He's the OG!!!

And I have a fondness of the Dragon Quest 8 Hero, he's my favorite Hero:

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I always thought of Smash Bros as a game that endeavors to bring people together from many fandoms. Yet that don't seem to be how it looks from here.
Am wondering why other devs don't put the effort in to make a worthwhile alternative for other platforms, as the current existing ones are all pretty weak and lacking in even stuff as simple as variety and number of moves. Now I fear it's too late as Nintendo have not stopped adding and improving, making any hope of catching up a shrinking dot on the fading horizon of missed opportunities.

Oct 22, 2011
Got some more leaky leaks... Well no, but some wild tweeter theories, that Smash might get Travis Touchdown this time.

We'll see in circa 20 minutes.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
And the whoring of Smash continues... :(
Lucky for you Hawki, its a Nintendo character at the very least...

So I guess the rule of "All DLC characters will be one fighter from a franchise that is not represented in Smash" is now broken.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

So I guess the rule of "All DLC characters will be one fighter from a franchise that is not represented in Smash" is now broken.
Could you at least tell us what character?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Well that was a wet fart announcement...

Gotta say... Yoshi was right XD

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
bluegate said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

Could you at least tell us what character?

Blythe from Fire Emblem Three Houses, the newest game in the series.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Meiam said:
Well that was a wet fart announcement...

Gotta say... Yoshi was right XD
Though 6 more Fighters are now in development. The Fighter Pass 2 is now avaliable for Pre-Order.

Cuphead gets a Mii Skin with a Song included.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

...since when was that a rule to be broken? The very first DLC fighter was Piranha Plant.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
SupahEwok said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

...since when was that a rule to be broken? The very first DLC fighter was Piranha Plant.
Technically Piranha Plant was not part of the Fighter Pass. He was a Pre-Order Bonus for buying the game itself.